Danish Refugee Council
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization which has been operating in Somalia since 1997. DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict and natural disaster. DRC programs include Camp Coordinator and Camp Management, WASH, Shelter, Protection, Food security, and Economic Recovery with a large focus on emergency response programming.
About the job
The MEAL Assistant will support the Country MEAL Manager/Coordinator in all data collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from start to finish for all programs and projects, both new and implemented by DRC and partner agencies. S/he will provide technical field support to the M&E unit, within the MEAL department. The MEAL Assistant will work closely with Program teams to assess field conditions, support capacity building initiatives, and facilitate the collection of quality data under the supervision of the M&E Manager.
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
I. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop and share his M and E monthly plan with the MEAL manager
- Organize field data collecting missions and participate in the processing and analysis of the data.
- Take part in, and carry out assessments, evaluations and any other form of survey or review of projects.
- Undertake field trips and do physical observation on on-going projects.
- Participate in the development and review of questionnaires for use by field teams conducting assessments.
- Carry out monitoring visits for Livelihoods, CCCM, WASH and Protection sectors as per the project proposal.
- Collect data on Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) assessments and compile a comprehensive report with clear findings and recommendation which should be shared 2 weeks before the next distribution cycle.
- Report monitoring findings and any other findings and observation emerged during data collection activities frequently to the Senior MEAL Officer so to communicate the progress of assessment activities
- Update and share the output indicator tracking tool to the MEAL coordinator/manager for consolidation
- Assist the M&E Manager in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst Program staff.
- Assist Program staff and the M&E Manager in clarifying project information needs.
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress, impact, context and processes
- Support the program teams to capture beneciary feedback on a regular basis
- Follow up with the program teams for any beneficiary feedbacks at the area level
- Work closely with the Country CRM Officer for anything related accountability and community feedback
III. Learning and project quality
- Collect lessons learned and best practices from beneficiaries, community leaders, partners, and other stakeholders during assessment/monitoring missions;
- Participate in the program meetings and Close-out meetings in order to highlight cross-project components aimed at replicating good practices and strengthening synergies between projects or programmes.
- Review and analyze weekly reports with the M&E Manager to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
Experience,Education and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, M&E, Economics, or any relevant field
- One to three years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience (essential)
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in English.
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel, SPSS and quantitative analysis
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems and evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in a non-governmental organization (desirable)
- Strong proficiency in English and fluent in written and spoken English and Somali.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 2 Months
Duty Station: Bosaso
Start date: 1st Nov 2023
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 24th October 2023
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.