The MEAL Assistant supports the MEAL Officer in the implementation of MEAL Activities by conducting MEAL surveys
as per detailed in the MEAL plans and requested by the MEAL Officer. The MEAL Assistant uses the monitoring tools
and supports in translation and KOBO upload. The MEAL Assistant also supervises data enumerators when needed.
S/He provides regular reports on the progress of activities to her/his line manager
List of tasks and responsibilities:
● Ensure monitoring survey as planned in the MEAL plan and as requested by his/her manager
● Responsible for using monitoring tools as shared by his/her manager
● Ensure the translation of monitoring tools and the upload into KOBO as per requested by his/her manager
● Ensure regular field monitoring visit as per the MEAL plan and upon request from his/her manager
● Participate in any other data collection exercise in the field using different techniques including household
surveys, focus group discussions, key informant interviews as requested his/her manager
● Participate in the training of program team on MEAL
● Support the MEAL Officer on the creation of project database when requested
● Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities to his/her manager
● Participate in improving monitoring tools by sharing his/her recommendations to his/her manager
● Participate into learning workshops
● Provide written report to his/her manager following field visit
● Ensure the data cleaning after each MEAL survey
● Participate to writing MEAL reports following a monitoring survey when requested by his/her manager
● Record any feedback and complaints collected in the field in the dedicated template and report them to the
● Raise awareness about the Complaints and Response Mechanisms in the field when necessary
● Distribute the hotline number in the field when necessary
● Report any sensitive complaints immediately as per INTERSOS SOPs
Human Resources Management
● Take part in recruitment of the enumerators for MEAL surveys when needed
● Train the enumerators with the support of the MEAL Officer
● Supervise the enumerators in the field
Any other tasks as requested by the line manager
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
● University Degree in a related field;
● Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience in MEAL
● Previous working experience with NGOs;
● Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation in the humanitarian context;
● Previous experience with Activity Info Reporting Systems (preferred)
● Previous experience in the monitoring and evaluation of education, protection, and health projects (preferred).
● Knowledge in Kobo
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
● Excellent computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point) particularly in Excel
● Background in data collection
● Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
● Strong motivation and adherence to the humanitarian principles and the mission of INTERSOS
● Availability to travel on national territory
● Under extreme circumstances, flexibility in working hours, week end / holidays when required by the situational
● Strong attitude for teamwork and collaboration within a complex organization
● Confidentiality, respect and non-discriminatory attitude
● Ability to work well under pressure
● Fluent in Arabic (SAD/NIN) and Kurdish for KRI (written and spoken)
● Fluent in English (written and spoken)
How To Apply
INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination.
For those interested and meet the required criteria, please click HERE to apply.
Kindly note that:
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format.
- INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date.
- The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area.
إنترسوس تتمتع بتكافؤ الفرص وتحتفظ بالحق للجميع في التقدم للوظائف الشاغرة دون أي تمييز.
للمهتمين والذين يستوفون المعايير المطلوبة ، يرجى النقر هنا للتقديم.
لطفا لاحظ ذلك:
- سيتم الاتصال فقط لمن يكون ضمن قائمة المرشحين المختصرة.
- يجب تحميل سيرتك الذاتية بصيغة
- تقوم انترسوس بمراجعة التقديمات بصورة دورية ، ونحتفظ بالحق في إغلاق الوظيفة الشاغرة قبل تاريخ الإغلاق المذكور في حال ايجاد الشخص المناسب.
- سيتم إعطاء الأفضلية للمرشحين المؤهلين من سكان المنطقة.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.