International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
|Position title||MEAL Coordinator|
|Supervised by||MEAL Manager|
|Reporting to||MEAL Manager|
|Duty station||Dakar, Bamako, Niamey or Ouagadougou|
|Area of operation||Region of West-North Africa and Latin America|
|Employment period||12 month contract|
|Type of contract||Expatriate contract, accompanied position|
|Salary & Benefits||Entry level salary at 39,200 DKK per month|
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Based in Copenhagen (Denmark) and present in forty countries, the Danish Refugee Council is a non-profit-making, politically independent, non-governmental and non-denominational relief organization.
Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in West Africa since 1998 and in Latin America and the Caribbean since 2011. The DRC West-North Africa & Latin America (WANALA) Regional Office is based in Dakar, Senegal, and covers several countries. Led by the Regional Executive Director, the DRC WANALA oversees, supports, and provides strategic directions for DRC’s Country Offices within the above-mentioned regions: it includes Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Colombia, Libya, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Tunisia, Venezuela.
The DRC WANALAC is looking to recruit an experienced, highly qualified, and enthusiastic professional. The DRC WANALA is hosting the Regional Sahel Fund (hereafter: SRF), which is a strategic and innovative regional fund governed by NGOs and supporting NGOs with quality funding in pursuit of high impact and cost-effective program strategies and activities. The SRF has the ambition to accelerate localisation in emergencies in Sahel region.
The MEAL Coordinator will be based in Dakar or in an office in the region (Mali, Niger or Burkina Faso) with frequent travel required (40%). This position requires a strong previous experience in developing MEAL tools. This position also requires a full professional proficiency in French and English language.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the authority of the MEAL Manager, the main responsibilities and tasks of the MEAL Coordinator are the following:
Programme Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
In addition to the above, the MEAL Coordinator may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the MEAL Manager.
- Background in demographics, social sciences, statistics, public health, research methods and MEAL.
- At least 3 years of professional experience working with humanitarian / development organisations with responsibilities in a MEAL department.
- Highly developed skills and demonstrated capacity developing MEAL strategies and mechanisms, including implementation and training in related principles and practice.
- Experience in leading and implementing Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) approaches, and developing learning systems to improve project performance and achieve impact.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills in French and in English.
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize large workloads, to consistently meet deadlines and adapt in a complex and challenging work environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with INGOs and international organizations with the following sectors in their portfolio – protection, food security and nutrition, shelter, NFIs and health including cash modalities
- Excellent ability in using data systems like Power BI, SPSS, R or other software for reporting or analysis.
- Proficiency in common computer packages i.e. Word, Excel, Power point etc
- Experience working in the Sahel zone (Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger and Chad) would be an asset
- Experience living and working in a cross-cultural, multi-sector, team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and in adverse conditions
- Demonstrated commitment and strict adherence to confidentiality
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English and French
Required Skills & Qualities
- Core Competencies of DRC:
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating Integrity
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are required
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills is a must
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exemplary sense of ethics in the workplace
- Team-oriented & good sense of humor
- The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality and ethical guidelines, including the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework
- Employee should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization
- Employee should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period
- Employee should not give interviews to the media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization
- Employee shall return all borrowed equipment for the project to DRC after the end of the contract period or upon request
Are you interested? Then apply for this position on line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both can be in English or in French.
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
However, applicants must be aware that DRC cannot employ, under an expatriate contract, a citizen of the country in which she/ he is going to be stationed (in such case, the Republic of Senegal or the country of assignment)
Applications close on January, the 22nd, 2023 (8 am. Dakar-time). Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.