He/she will be responsible of monitoring and evaluating the activities (under the supervision of the MEAL Coordinator of AVSI, including identification of measurement methodologies, data collection plans, and tools, managing the Information System), Accountability (ensure beneficiaries’ feedback and complaints are effectively tracked and addressed, including developing the project’s complaints, feedback and response mechanism), and Learning (to collect and document, and share lessons learned, to conduct after-action reviews and learning events for activities adaptation).
1-Design and implement MEAL System:
- Implement the monitoring and evaluation plan of the project in line with the project logical framework and in consultation with the project team.
- Organize regular field visits and support AVSI in evaluating any potential adjustment to the project to improve its impact.
- Support in quarterly monitoring and evaluation reports preparation to identify any major challenges and opportunities faced throughout the project activities.
- Develop common indicators for data collection, design data collection tools/templates, and assist for regular data collection/generation process.
- Implement gender, age, and ability-friendly community-based feedback mechanisms under supervision of MEAL coordinator, including a system to manage complaints effectively and confidentially.
- Collect and analyze data to determine progress achieved.
2-Project Information Management:
- Track project’s output and outcome level results on the periodic basis in close coordination with project’s implementing team.
- Sharing of challenges, good practices, feedbacks, and lesson learnt from the field and data collected.
- Collect, check, verify and compile data from the field as stipulated in the M&E plan.
- Compile monitoring reports, project progress reports, evaluation reports, capture major learning from field, photographs, case studies, video documentaries.
- Update and maintain the project’s database; and provide progress data required for reports and decision making.
3-Capacity Development in MEAL:
- Provide technical support to staff members for all MEAL related activities.
- Capacitate project staff on MEAL concepts, skills and tools.
- Work closely with implementing team for enhancing their capacity for proper data collection and reporting.
- Prepare field level assessment reports, baseline studies and evaluation reports.
- Triangulate data received from field and ensure reliability.
- Ensure compliance with project’s implementing strategies and approaches.
- In close collaboration with project team, conduct information delivery and feedback sessions with beneficiaries to guide them in expressing their needs and seeking help.
- Ensure the implementation of mechanisms or standards for the protection of personal data collected within the project.
5-Reporting and Documentation:
- Assist the MEAL coordinator to prepare period reports of project by providing required information.
- Collect and/or assist to collect case story, best practice documentation, lesson learn; and update and manage that information in project’s reports and other knowledge products.
- Work closely with the project’s implementing team to ensure that lessons learned from project evaluations are documented properly.
REPORTING TO : MEAL Coordinator
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
How To Apply
AVSI is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, to apply.
How to Apply (Application Process):
Interested candidates are required to send CV and cover letter to [email protected] by 29-01-2023. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and based on urgency, AVSI may fill the position prior to the closing date. Please mention your name and job position in the subject of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.