United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
Within UNESCO’s office in Islamabad and under the supervision of the Director of Office and UNESCO Representative in Pakistan, the Media and Mass Communication Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
Conceptualize, design, plan, formulate and manage the Office’s webpage and social media posting:
- Produces material for the Office’s webpage and social media platforms, including multimedia assets i.e., static and animated graphics, short videos, to publicize UNESCO’s storytelling projects, campaigns, strategic programme priorities, events, and other activities.
- Provides the Office’s webpage and social media with content for critical fundraising visibility.
- Develops, manages, defines the tone and generates content in coordination with the programme officers for the Office’s webpage and social media.
- Exercises journalistic and political judgment, in liaison with relevant units and section within UNESCO’s Islamabad office, to prepare timely editorial decisions on what should go on UNESCO Office’s webpage and social media platforms in English, and French if possible.
Plan and initiate strategic and proactive outreach activities through social media campaigns.
- Actively identify and maintain relations and partnerships with key stakeholders, such as digital/social media platforms, creators, and influencers, that contribute to the development and implementation of UNESCO’s initiatives.
- Increases UNESCO’s presence on social media platforms and strengthen UNESCO’s brand awareness among target audiences. Promotes in-house social media usage, event promotion and engagement.
- Evaluates results and impact of communications activities on social media platforms, reports on developments, and trends regarding UNESCO.
- Generate and/or coordinate UNESCO social media content in English, and French if possible, with UNESCO Units and ensure consistent editorial delivery, and will:
- Monitors and evaluates interactions and feedback through UNESCO’s Islamabad office social media presence, respond on behalf of the Office when deem appropriate.
- Assesses the impact of UNESCO’s Islamabad office social media presence and outreach activities.
- Represents UNESCO in the UN social media communicators’ group and liaise with social media focal points in the UN system and beyond.
- Provides advice to managers and senior officers on the strategic use of social media to strengthen UNESCO’s Islamabad office leadership and advocacy role. Monitors and analyzes current events, public opinion and press, identifies issues and trends, and advises management on appropriate action/responses.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, design and implement major international social media campaigns; Proven social media and communications experience; knowledge of ability to identify issues, analyze them and participate in their resolution; Knowledge of human rights issues.
- Ability to conduct data collection and independent research and analysis using various methods including Internet sources.
- Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in media and mass communication. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in media and mass communication or related field is required.
- Experience managing social media platforms is required.
- Experience in social media campaigns is required.
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English and Urdu.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.
Country Security Manager-NationalMAG (Mine Advisory Group)AnywhereAnywhere
IT SpecialistAsian Development BankManila, PhilippinesManila, Philippines
Finance Manager ,P4 ,Port Sudan -Sudan (Fixed Term) – (Open to non Sudanese nationals only)UNICEF GlobalSudanSudan
Section Head (Applied Radiation Biology and Radiotherapy)(P5)Vienna, AustriaVienna, Austria