University of Texas Health Science Center
What we do here changes the world. UTHealth Houston is Texas’ resource for healthcare education, innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in patient care. That’s where you come in.
UTHealth Houston Rosenberg Multispecialty Clinic is hiring a Medical Assistant to join their team of professionals. The Medical Assistant provides patient care in a multispecialty clinic for cardiology and rheumatology but can cross-cover family medicine, pediatrics, and psychiatry. In this role, the Medical Assistant is responsible for preparing and planning for patient visits, rooming patients, administering vaccines, and performing office testing as ordered.
Bilingual (English/Spanish), proficient with computers & Microsoft, experience using electronic medical records (EPIC), experience working in an outpatient clinic, experience giving vaccines to both adult and pediatric patient populations; experience obtaining prior authorization for procedures and medications
**FREE PARKING! Uniform/scrubs provided yearly!**
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm with extended hours Tuesday and Thursdays until 7pm / Some Saturdays
Location: 5115 Avenue H 701, Rosenberg, TX 77471 *FREE PARKING*
Once you join us you won’t want to leave. It’s because we reward our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards package includes the benefits you’d expect from a top healthcare organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
- 100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees
- Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave day, both vacation and sick time – all of which equates to around 37-38 days per year)
- The longer you stay, the more vacation you’ll accrue!
- Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)
- Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our employees’ wellbeing is important to us. We offer work/life services such as…
- Free financial and legal counseling
- Free mental health counseling services
- Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs
- Other employee discounts including entertainment, car rentals, cell phones, etc.
- Resources for child and elder care
- Plus many more!
Functions as a member of the clinical team performing a supportive role in the delivery of patient care that is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction.
2. Effectively participates in planning and preparing for patient visits ensuring appropriate schedules, test results, and clinic specific requirements are available.
3. Rooms patients consistent with clinic needs while determining and documenting chief complaint and reason for visit, vital signs, medication list, allergies, smoking history and other information as required by clinic. Keeps patients informed of delays and progress of clinical appointments.
4. As required and competency validated, performs appropriate hearing and vision testing, EKG, spirometry, point of care testing, specimen collection, equipment cleaning/reprocessing and other requested procedures.
5. Prepares and stocks rooms (daily/weekly) and clinic supplies in advance of clinic visit as well as cleaning rooms appropriately between patients.
6. Prepares for and assists with routine and specialty procedures.
7. Schedules patients for follow up appointments or referrals and performs routine clerical duties for team and staff to include photocopying, scanning, and faxing.
8. Performs telephone messaging and in person screening with appropriate follow up.
9. Respects and maintains privacy and confidentiality per HIPAA guidelines.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Use and care of standard clinic equipment
Basic Life Support (BLS) certified
High school diploma or equivalent
Completion of an approved Medical Assistant training program preferred
Six months experience or completion of an approved Medical Assistant Training Program.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Military occupations that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position may include but are not limited to: 001260, 4N0X1, 68W, 18D, 68C, 4T0X1, 4A0X1,
For a complete list please visit www.uthealth-veterans.jobs .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.