Grotonwood Camp & Conference Center
Summer Camp Medical Assistant (free housing & meals!)
Grotonwood is seeking nursing students, aspiring EMTs, or individuals pursuing a career in healthcare who have the desire and ability to work in our residential summer camp program. This is a deeply rewarding job for students looking for seasonal work in a camp that offers diversified camping programs, and individuals seeking a break from a hospital, clinical, or school nurse setting!
Grotonwood is a day and residential (overnight) summer camp serving neuro-typical children age 5-16 and also adults with physical, intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Health Care Team allow campers and staff to succeed at camp by ensuring that their health needs are met in a safe, efficient, caring, and nurturing manner.
Summer Camp Medical Assistant Summary: our medical assistants provide our camp nurses with support services that ensure the camp’s health center can runs effectively and efficiently. MAs are responsible for administrative as well as clinical tasks, such as maintaining camper records, preparing campers for examination, and assisting nurses with a variety of tasks such as medication administration and obtaining and recording physical vital signs (finger sticks, O2, BP).
Summer Camp Medical Assistant Contract Date: June 8 – August 11, 2023
Summer Camp Medical Assistant Time Off: The camp is closed from Friday pm to Sunday am
Summer Camp Medical Assistant Salary and work perks: Starting at $4500/season + $250 completion bonus, free room & board, Golf cart for travel around camp, all meals, airport pick-up and drop off, WIFI, laundry facilities, staff uniform, staff work out room, use of facilities outside of working hours, weekend transportation to planned staff trips, and living in a multicultural and diverse Christian community with people from all over the world.
Summer Camp Medical Assistant Accommodation: Our nurses and medical assistants live and work in our modern Health Center facility which is air conditioned and conveniently located in the center of camp.
Summer Camp Medical Assistant Reports to: Nurse Manager (RN)
- Work with Nurse Manager and RNs to handle episodic conditions
- Assist nurses with medication administration and other tasks as needed
- Provide first aid to campers of various ages
- Act as liaison between Nurses, campers and staff
- Follow all camp policies and procedures and hold staff accountable to the same
- Assist with food preparation for modified diets
- Provide support during community outings as dictated by the camp schedule
- Verify medication lists, obtaining physician orders and construct MARs
- Accompany campers with injury/illnesses requiring higher level of care
- Ability to administer rescue medications such as Epi-Pens and inhalers as directed by the nurses
- Ensure infirmary and first aid kits are fully stocked
- Provide in service training to summer camp staff
- Obtain necessary camper information to file and update records, and ensure all forms and consents are completed by caregivers.
- Assist with the check-in an check-out procedures
- Assist nurses with medical treatments, procedures, and exams, scribing all notes as necessary.
- Obtaining patient Vitals, Wound Care, and any other required treatments
- Hardworking team player able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- detail oriented analytical skills essential for reviewing and verifying camp documents
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Caring, empathetic personality
- Firm grasp on medical practices, administrative processes, and organizational
- Knowledge of patient care and examination procedures
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- 18 years of age
- 1 years experience in direct patient care
- Students pursuing major in healthcare or similar
- Desire to work with children and adults with disabilities in a day and residential camp setting
- First Aid/CPR certification required
- Desire to broaden knowledge of patient care base
- Ability to pass background checks and provide 3 positive references
- Good comprehension of American English language (written and spoken)
- Driver’s License
All hiring decisions contingent on completed application, reference verification, and results of background checks.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift camp equipment and janitorial products and supplies, up to fifty pounds.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, EQUITY AND ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT: Grotonwood actively promotes a culture that is free from bias and injustice. We are committed to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism. We are and will continue to serve and be accountable to marginalized communities, and for creating equitable and sustainable programs where social and restorative justice is woven into every facet, including our hiring practices.
Grotonwood is a proud equal opportunity employer; We are deeply committed to building a workplace and community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We are committed to creating an environment where all employees feel included and have a strong sense of belonging. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family/marital status, refugee or immigration status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
We encourage folks from all backgrounds to apply and join us in our mission of providing a Christian camping experience for ALL God’s children. Grotonwood is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Camp Director Breeze Everitt, on 978 448 5763 or by email at breezee AT grotonwood DOT org at least one week in advance of your interview.
Who we are: Camp Grotonwood is a christian 501c3 non-profit day and overnight camp located in Groton, MA. We serve neuro-typical children ages 5-17 and also run an overnight program for adults with disabilities. We are nestled on the shores of Lost Lake and have over 247 acres of private beautiful woodlands for hiking, biking and playing in! We provide a well-rounded Christian experience for our campers and staff in a nurturing, safe environment with endless opportunities for them to try new things and feel great about themselves. We primarily serve, medically fragile campers and individuals from under-resourced communities like children in foster care, a mini camp for children with epilepsy and children of military families.
Job Types: Contract, Temporary
Pay: $500.00 – $600.00 per week
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Free parking
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid sick time
- Paid training
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Monday to Friday
Grotonwood follows all COVID-19 preventative measures as stipulated by the Nashoba Board of Health and the CDC.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Vital signs: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.