Build Health International
Build Health International (BHI) is a rapidly growing global health organization committed to health equity for all. BHI is looking for a motivated, creative, and mission-driven candidate to serve as a Medical Oxygen Content Development Specialist for BHI’s medical oxygen program. The position will be responsible for creating and developing medical oxygen resources including educational content, instructional videos, technical training materials, documentary style videos of BHI field work and advocacy. This role will collaborate across BHI’s international medical oxygen team as well as with BHI architects, engineers, project managers,and external partners, with a primary focus on promoting BHI as a technical leader and resource in the international medical oxygen space.
Over the last two years as the international health community has looked toward actionable ways to expand oxygen access, BHI has been uniquely positioned to lead the implementation of sustainable infrastructure solutions; to treat COVID-19; and to strengthen health systems in the long-run for partners such as The Global Fund, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the World Health Organization (WHO), the Skoll Foundation, Partners in Health (PIH) and others. We are excited to add a role with a content development focus to our growing international team.
About BHI: BHI promotes global equity by building high-quality health infrastructure in resource-constrained countries. Founded in 2014, BHI is a dynamic organization that is growing rapidly to address unmet needs for health facility improvements in response to COVID-19 and other pressing public health challenges. BHI’s medical oxygen program builds on its unique expertise in the construction and repair of hospitals, clinics, and other health infrastructure in low-and middle-income countries (LMICs). COVID-19 has promoted a phase of rapid growth for BHI’s medical oxygen program.
BHI’s Approach: BHI optimizes outcomes in a climate of scarcity, enabling our partners to provide care to those who need it most. We work to make each healthcare facility part of robust public healthcare systems that will provide long-term quality, accessible, and affordable care to local communities.
- Beyond Infrastructure: Focused on providing dignified healthcare and bringing partners together to increase impact for patients, clinicians, and communities worldwide.
- Local Talent: Recruiting, training, and partnering with local labor and medical staff impacts economic development and facility longevity.
- Energy Efficiency: Stable electricity is one of the most significant barriers to improving health systems and services in low-resource settings; we aim to provide affordable, efficient, and operationally effective sources.
- Sustainability: Our multidisciplinary team and collaborative partners plan, design, and construct innovative solutions impacting health and environmental outcomes.
- Collaborate closely with BHI’s growing team of international medical oxygen technicians to produce videos, seminars, trainings, graphics, and publications that can be used to educate global partners and advocate for healthcare infrastructure.
- Support the development of creative content that captures BHI’s technical expertise, knowledge of medical oxygen systems, and healthcare infrastructure in low-resource settings
- Collaborate across BHI teams to identify, craft, and showcase compelling stories that convey BHI’s mission.
- Participate in opportunities to expand owned and earned media that strategically builds a portfolio of contacts, increased exposure through op-eds, radio/TV interviews, etc.
- Ownership of the creative development of several simultaneous ongoing multimedia projects for the BHI oxygen team.
- Willingness to travel with the technical team members of the BHI Oxygen team to record videos of ongoing site work, project progress and stakeholder testimonials.
- Promote, produce and oversee the execution of live technical seminars hosted by BHI.
- Willingness to work on multiple projects across multiple sites at the discretion of BHI.
- Working collaboratively with a multi-cultural site team of international engineers and contractors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant communications, visual media, marketing, public health, or project management experience required, preferably in an international setting.
- Ability to produce content that communicates influentially through various channels to attain buy-in and support for Build Health International’s global impact on the medical oxygen landscape.
- Strong attention to detail and track record of building creative concepts.
- Demonstrated technical skills of videography and photography for the purpose of content production,
- Proficiency with photo and video editing software, including the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro) or Canva.
- Willingness to build partnerships and successful collaborations on an internal and external level with diverse individuals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Demonstrated interest in current and emerging issues in global health or international development.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally to project sites.
- Fluency in English.Proficiency in other languages is a strong plus.
Location: The Content Development Specialist can be remote but may require occasional travel to the BHI office in Beverly, Massachusetts or international project sites.
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience.
Duration: This position is currently being offered as a 10 to 12-month term limited position, with the potential for renewal at the end of the term pending additional project funding.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.