Materials Research Society (MRS)
The Materials Research Society (MRS) is a vibrant non-profit professional membership association of more than 13,000 materials researchers from academia, industry, and government, and is a recognized leader in the advancement of interdisciplinary materials research. Headquartered in the north hills of Pittsburgh in Warrendale, Pennsylvania (USA), MRS has more than 35 employees. MRS membership spans over 90 countries and includes members in physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, and engineering—the full spectrum of materials research—and they choose MRS because it is important to their work and their careers.
As the Member Engagement Representative for MRS, you will have the opportunity to reimagine your career by working with a collaborative hybrid team that has global non-profit reach. The MRS friendly environment and work-life balance approach allows our staff to flourish while working together to advance the Society’s mission “to engage members across generations to advance their career and promote materials and research innovation.”
What will I do?
You will be jointly responsible for overall planning, developing, coordinating, and executing certain member engagement activities. With the goal of engaging a diverse group of volunteers, innovators, and industry professionals, this role ensures that both in-person and virtual member engagement activities achieve organizational goals.
- Collaborate with volunteers, HQ staff, and contractors to execute professional development events and programs, advancing member careers and promoting inclusive practices.
- Provide program event logistics, marketing, and communications support to designated committees, volunteer groups and their subunits. Committee focus areas may include student/early career, career advancement, sustainability, industry & innovation, and government affairs events.
- Assist in gathering information for and preparation of program and annual budgets, ensuring that operations are conducted in accordance with budgets and guidelines.
- Assist with recruiting and scheduling of volunteers and participants for MRS Career Fairs; collaborate with marketing team to promote career-fair related activities.
- Leverage member database to prepare demographic and other reports to track metrics for staff and volunteer leadership on volunteerism, engagement, diversity, and awards.
- Create database reports to source candidates for various volunteer positions; compile data and reports for various governing committees.
- Utilize member database to develop and maintain a system for tracking and reporting on volunteer engagement and activities, assist HQ Liaisons to maintain committee rosters and facilitate volunteer succession planning.
What will make you a great fit:
- Associate degree in business or communications; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three (3) years’ experience in volunteer/member services position; committee support experience within a non-profit organization preferred
- Three (3) years meeting or event planning and coordination experience within a non-profit setting is preferred
- Project management experience is a plus
- Non-profit marketing and communications experience is preferred
- Travel ability for national events (with occasional travel outside of the United States) approximately 10% annually
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook along with social media
- Highly proficient in database management; experience with ad-hoc reporting tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting and managing a budget
- Strong writing, editing, and analytical skills
- Experience with marketing and communications, including website content development and maintenance
- Ability to build rapport and work with a broad range of individuals with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and creative with ability to think strategically with strong attention to detail
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Outstanding benefit package including: Fully paid health, vision and dental benefits (employee portion), 401(k) 3% employer safe harbor contribution with additional 2% profit sharing contribution opportunity, Generous PTO plus paid Holidays
- Excellent work environment, including telework (hybrid) and flexible schedule opportunities
Materials Research Society Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Warrendale, PA 15086
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.