My client is a well-known High Street brand for those who seek trendy & cool fashion. They are looking for a new Menswear Designer to join their expanding team covering multi product and some accessories on the menswear department. You will be working across all categories of menswear, assisting junior designers and be ready for a step up in your career.
- Working closely with Design Manager and the wider design team to ensure a cohesive product range.
- Design and development of multiproduct for collections from initial concept to signoff.
- Attend key trade/fabric shows, develop and source fabrics and trims, adding newness to the ranges and improving the existing product offer, whilst ensuring all products perform well according to the intended use.
- Produce detailed design specs ensuring the correct manufacturer is selected for each style
- Source new factories for new products
- Build strong working relationships with suppliers and communicate with manufacturers on a frequent basis.
- Using relevant sales data and insight to design commercially relevant fashion forward ranges.
- Accountable for delivering product ranges, working closely with buyers, merchandisers, suppliers, internal and external sales teams to deliver product to multi-channel timescales
- Delivering seasonal trend presentations & implementing their global product strategy by identifying changing consumer habits through shifts in macro/micro trend insights and designing products that reflect this and the continually evolving landscape.
- Proven experience of at least 6 years commercial industry experience, ideally in menswear and accessories.
- Creative flair and innovation – proactive approach to design
- Able to identify key trends and interpret these in a relevant and commercial way for the customer.
- Must have experience of designing across multi products
- Drawing skills (sketch and CAD).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced fashion environment and nurture the design team.
- Communication, interpersonal and influencing skills at all levels.
- Leadership experience
- Extensive fabric and raw material knowledge
- Garment construction and technical knowledge
- To be incredibly creative, highly motivated and have a passion for design
- Demonstrate broad awareness of competitors and external trends
- You must have the ability to design, drive and develop a commercial collection.
If this opportunity excites you, please email your cv and portfolio to [email protected] quoting reference 12512 PP
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.