Richmond Area Multi-Services (RAMS)
Richmond Area Multi-Services (RAMS) is a private, non-profit mental health agency that is committed to advocating for and providing community based, consumer-guided services. Founded in San Francisco’s Richmond district in 1974, RAMS offers behavioral health, social, vocational, and educational services that aim to meet the needs of the diverse communities throughout the City.
Program Overview: The Child, Youth, & Family Outpatient Services Program (CYF) provides a wide range of mental health services for children, youth, and families at an outpatient clinic, and at community-based & middle/high school-based sites. The CYF outpatient program offers individual therapy, family therapy, case management, parent counseling and consultation at school and community sites. RAMS also participates in the School-Based Mental Health Partnership (SBMHPS) with the SF Unified School District.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Provide clinically & culturally competent mental health services including individual and/or family psychotherapy, play therapy, parent counseling, and case management.
- Services provided at the outpatient clinic and via telehealth
- Conduct client intakes & initial screening assessments.
- Liaise with community treatment providers to coordinate client care as needed.
- Coordinate with client & attending psychiatrist on treatment plans (develop/implement goals & plans), assess progress, and disposition.
- Responsible for client administrative/treatment records that comply with agency policies, clinical standards, and funding source requirements (SF City & County, Medi-Cal, ERMHS).
- Provide outreach & education on client centered mental health issues/services to families of clients, community members, other professionals, schools, and community programs.
- Participate in case conferences, staff meetings, in-service trainings and other staff development activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- MS/MA in Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work from an accredited university
- BBS registration, highly preferred.
- Ability to provide mental health services in Cantonese or Mandarin (Bilingual skills in both Cantonese and Mandarin highly preferred).
- Prior experience providing outpatient mental health services to children, youth, and their families, the indigent, underserved populations, with high trauma exposure (including those with co-occurring disorders).
- Previous service delivery in a community mental health setting.
- CANS (Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths) assessment certification (OR certification must be obtained within 30 days of hire).
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience providing mental health services in urban settings.
- Experience collaborating with SFUSD for the delivery of mental health services (e.g., ERMHS services provided on-site at outpatient clinics).
- Familiarity with SF BHS systems of care, philosophy of care, levels of care for clinical services, and service delivery.
- Knowledge of SF community resources for health, mental health, substance abuse, vocational support, and housing.
- Proficiency in the Avatar clinical documentation system.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,800.00 – $86,923.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Francisco, CA 94121: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- either Cantonese or Mandarin (Required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.