ASK Wellness Society
Tenant Support Worker
Program and Site Location: Supportive Housing, Juniper
Reports To: Coordinator of Supportive Housing, Merritt
Term Casual/On-Call up to a maximum of 40 hours per week
Wage Range: $22.17 up to $25.84 based on education and related experience
The ASK Wellness Society is an Accredited not-for-profit organization through the generous support of their funders are able to assist those who are marginalized and at-risk to strengthen the communities we serve (Kamloops, Merritt and Penticton). We provide housing and support to those who are facing homelessness/at risk of homelessness and support those with substance misuse, mental health challenges, harm reduction, health education and ultimately provide the skills to re-enter the workforce.
What We Offer:
· Competitive benefits including but not limited to dental, vision, physiotherapy, massage, and fertility upon eligibility
· Municipal Pension Plan upon eligibility
· On-site training and development opportunities such as Violence Prevention, Cultural Awareness and 2SLGBTQ+ training
· A culture of equality, inclusion, and diversity including paid cultural sensitivity days
· Accidental death insurance and Wellness plan benefit
· Vacation entitlements for Part-Time and Full-Time employees
Effective November 1, 2021, the Society requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with the Society unless a legal exemption is obtained.
What is Casual/On-Call?Casual/On-Call means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week. Casual/On-Call is a great way for you to get to know us and for us to get to know you. It is also a gateway for future permanent positions within the Society. There are no rules with respect to declining shifts that do not work with your schedule that may result in removal from the casual/on-call list.
Position Summary: As a Tenant Support Worker you will provide life skills services to Program Participants who may struggle with mental health concerns, substance misuse challenges and chronic health conditions. Within this role you will support Program Participants to identify individual goals and develop life skills necessary to live as independently as possible. Service delivery is based on a client centered, trauma informed and non-judgmental perspective.
Typical Duties Include:
Tenant Support Worker Responsibilities
– Encourage and support Program Participants to live as fully and independently as possible.
– Participate in the assessment, goal setting and program planning for Program Participants when requested.
– Provide supervision and support to mitigate individual and program risk to ensure safety, comfort, and wellness.
– Work closely with identified community resources for each Program Participant.
– Actively seek the views of Program Participants and involve them in decision making to improve their own identity, purpose, and self-esteem.
– Complete wellness checks/room checks when required.
– Monitor and move along community members who are loitering in and around the property.
– Provide crisis intervention as required including overdose responses by ensuring immediate access to medical services and completing necessary incident reports when required.
– Complete accurate and up to date communication/case notes.
– Maintain files and statistics as per accreditation standards.
– Complete move in/move out documentation as required by the Property Services Department under supervision from Coordinator of Supportive Housing (Merritt)
– Work in collaboration with the Licensed Practical Nurse to ensure medication adherence and documentation.
– When requested, be a member of the Society’s Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) team.
– Ensure compliance with all Society policies and procedures.
– Other duties which may or may not be outlined within this job description.
Qualifications and Requirements
– Bachelor of Social Work, Human Services Diploma, Support Worker/Care Aid Certificate, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or lived experience.
– Strong ability to recognize and address difficult behaviors.
– Good communication, documentation, interpersonal and conflict management skills.
– Ability to work within a team-based environment involving multi-agency supports.
– Strong working knowledge of community resources.
– Understands and maintains professional boundaries.
– Must pass an acceptable criminal record check for the vulnerable sector.
– VAT (Vulnerability Assessment Tool) training an asset.
– Occupational First Aid Level 1 required.
– Readiness to complete in-house online training within the first month of employment.
– Mental Health First Aid, ASIST, and Trauma Informed Practice an asset.
– As Program Participants are allowed to have pets, it is noted that this is a pet friendly environment.
The ASK Wellness Society offers assistance from an Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit) and/or would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, we encourage you to contact us, and you will be redirected to our Employment Advisor.
The ASK Wellness Society is dedicated to promoting diversity/multiculturalism with inclusion as one of our Core Values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
How to apply: Please submit your application with a detailed cover letter and resume with the reference “Merritt Casual Tenant Support Worker”. You may also apply directly online at https://askwellness.ca/careers/
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $22.17-$25.84 per hour
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Merritt, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with the Society . Are you fully vaccinated?
- mental health knowledge: 1 year (preferred)
- substance misuse knowledge: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.