Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD)
The Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD) seeks a full-time active duty U.S. military officer to serve as a Military Fellow in its Center on Military and Political Power (CMPP). FDD welcomes applicants with the rank of O-4 to O-6 who seek to gain research experience on issues related to U.S. defense policy and strategy.
- Conduct research related to the defense strategies, policies, and capabilities necessary to deter and defeat threats to the freedom, security, and prosperity of Americans and our allies;
- Author or co-author on the above and related topics (both internal and external publications, including newspapers, journals, and online outlets);
- Discuss research at events, both organized by FDD and in outside venues;
- Work with appropriate FDD staff to plan and execute meetings and briefings, as well as networking and professional development opportunities for FDD scholars with Department of Defense officials; and
- Support the day-to-day research and work of CMPP and CMPP’s Senior Director
- Active duty U.S. military officers between the rank of O-4 (Major/Lieutenant Commander) – O-6 (Colonel/Captain);
- Commitment for 1-year fellowship;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Excellent writing, research, and analytical skills; and
- Based full-time in FDD’s Washington, D.C. office
FDD is a nonprofit and nonpartisan national security and foreign policy institute devoted to independent research in the defense of free nations and their enemies. FDD runs the National Security Network (NSN), a nonpartisan mentorship and leadership development program for mid-career and national security practitioners. NSN is comprised of 400 alumni from the military, the executive branch, the Hill, think tanks, and the private sector. FDD does not accept donations from foreign governments.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.