UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
During the last two years, MPGIS has drafted reforms of the outdated Provincial Government Act 1997 (PGA) to establish a unified provincial administration, whereby provincial divisions of national sectoral ministries will operate under the PG umbrella. Key sectoral ministries, notably the Ministry of Education (MEHRD) and the Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MHMS), have also acknowledged the need to operate in closer cooperation with PGs. Under the Solomon Islands Provincial Governance and Service Delivery Project (PGSDP), the PCDF mechanism will be expanded through the addition of service delivery support (health, education and/or water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)), which will be financed by the European Union. UNDP will administer the service delivery support in collaboration with MPGIS, using existing PCDF channels. UNDP and MPGIS will also provide provincial level capacity development support to strengthen the capacity of PGs and provincial divisions of MEHRD and MHMS to implement better coordinated, more efficient and better targeted services to populations across the country. This Project is focused on laying the foundations for the MPGIS, PGs and provincial health and education divisions to operate as unified provincial service delivery units, in line with planned PGA 1997 reforms.
UNDP is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst to oversee the monitoring and reporting aspects of the PGSD Project. The analyst will work with MPGIS to support the design and implementation of a proper monitoring framework, which will ensure that UNDP and MPGIS can access timely information regarding grant disbursement, provincial level grant implementation information and grant reporting information. The Officer will also support knowledge management, as part of their reporting function, collecting and sharing key publications, including good practical and lessons learned information. The Monitoring and evaluation analyst will work closely with projects’ teams to ensure M&E requirements are fulfilled and the M&E Framework is reported against in a timely manner with required quality checks and M&E of the entire Project is performed to the highest standards in line with UNDP POPP and UNDP evaluation policy.
The incumbent will work under direct supervision of the Project Manager and will be responsible for implementing and coordinating the day-to-day M&E activities of the Project and will be responsible in charge of refining and implementing the Project Implementation Plan.
- Responsible for implementing and coordinating the day-to-day M&E activities of the project under the direct supervision of the Project Manager
- Develop an M&E plan for PGSD project to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project and to ensure that activities and outputs result in positive outcomes.
- Develop/update project monitoring tools including forms, questionnaires, check lists etc.
- Undertake regular field trips to the project sites and provide monitoring reports on progress.
- Perform data monitoring and analysis as per Project’s Results Framework having ensured triangulation of qualitative, quantitative and impact level data and prepare relevant reports.
- Develop/update project dashboard analytical tool, including analysis of the electronic system for gender gaps and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor overall progress of the project and ensure tracking performance through the collection of appropriate and credible data and other evidence on achievement of results.
- Analyze evidence to inform management decision-making, improve effectiveness and efficiency, and adjust programming as necessary.
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports.
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project.
- Prepare and maintain a database to track progress on the project’s indicators and targets.
- Provide input and update information related to progress project outcome in UNDP.
- Provide inputs in the drafting of TORs for Baseline, Mid-term, and End-line project evaluation.
- Assist international and local evaluators to conduct mid-term and final evaluations of the project.
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of donor reports.
- Liaise with the UNDP Country Office relevant teams and provide requested inputs for the corporate strategic reports.
Capacity building and knowledge sharing:
- Organize and conduct training on M&E for the project and government-relevant staff if needed.
- Closely work with project staff and provide support, when necessary, on the topics related to M&E.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
- System Thinking: Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system.
- Knowledge Generation: Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
- Monitoring: Ability to provide manager and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results
- Evaluation: Ability to make an independent judgement based on set criteria and benchmarks. Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
- Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience. Ability to manage communications internally & externally, through media, social media and other appropriate
- Data Collection: Being skilled in Data Sorting, Data Cleaning, Survey Administration, Presentation and Reporting including collection of Real-Time Data (e.g. mobile data, satellite data, sensor data).
- Data Analysis: Ability to extract, analyse and visualize data (including Real-Time Data) to form meaningful insights and aid effective decision making.
- UN policy knowledge – ethics: Knowledge and understanding of the UN Staff Regulations and Rules and other policies relating to ethics and integrity.
- Master’s degree on business administration, economics, public administration, international development, sociology, social science or equivalent, or
- Bachelor’s Degree with additional four years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively working experience in the field of M&E is required with a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive work experience in the field of M & E with a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in all aspects of evaluation from initial design, field test, implementation, analysis, communication, and final use of the evaluation findings
- Good understanding of Solomon Islands development context in general and Provincial Governance in particular
- Demonstrated ability in monitoring and evaluation and reporting experience.
- Demonstrated Experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of M&E software using database software.
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Relevant experience in the field of governance M&E especially with the design and implementation of a monitoring framework would be an asset.
- Experience in assessment of data quality and analysis of data sets, preferably related to governance would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience working with international organizations project implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with international organizations
- Fluency in both verbal and written English and Pidgin.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.