United Nations Development Programme
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The UN Women Independent Evaluation and Audit Service (IEAS) evaluates the work of UN women to enhance organizational accountability, provide evidence-based information for decision-making and to contribute to learning on gender equality and the empowerment of women. UN Women’s West and Central Africa Regional Office is seeking an intern to support its functions in the field of evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Regional Evaluation Specialist in implementing an evaluation plan. In the framework of decentralized evaluations, liaise with Country Offices to ensure respect of UN Women Evaluation policy and facilitate evaluation processes.
- Support the quality of evaluation processes and products using the standard quality assurance checklists and the Global Evaluation Report Assessment and Analysis System (GERAAS);
- Update the Global Accountability and Tracking of Evaluations (GATE) system. This includes: uploading, updating and reporting on status of evaluation plans (i.e. evaluation section of the MERP), completed evaluation reports and TORs;
- Monitor the development of management responses to all evaluations within 6 weeks of completion
- monitor progress of actions as per management responses to evaluations, including providing quarterly updates on status of implementation in the GATE system.
- Support the use of evaluation findings and recommendations by commissioning graphically designed reports and smart knowledge products;
- Arrange travel logistics for the purpose of evaluation.
- Provide overall admin and logistic support to activities and projects undertaken by the Evaluation Unit
Required Skills and Experience:
- University studies (Mater’s level) in one of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Development or other relevant subjects is required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English or French, and a fair knowledge of the other language
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher)
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- Be enrolled in a national service obligation programme of which the internship may form a part
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation
- Be enrolled in a professional traineeship program which is part of a postgraduate degree programme of which the internship may form part.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Information Technology Innovations Specialist for Forest PLUS 3.0Tetra TechIndiaIndia
PCI-033-2023 Consultor sobre mecanismo de gobernanza – Acuerdo de Escazú en MéxUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
(Hybrid) International Partnerships Manager- Global AffairsWest Virginia UniversityMorgantown, West VirginiaMorgantown, West Virginia
Administrative Assistant, GS-5, Fixed Term, Post# 102965, Supply Chain Strengthening Centre, UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen, DenmarkUNICEF GlobalDenmarkDenmark