United Nations Office for Project Services
The ARHC portfolio manages the Principal Recipient (PR) Programme of the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund) in Asia, currently with grants in Cambodia, Lao, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam. UNOPS as a PR, is responsible for delivering the targets set out in the grant agreements in collaboration with selected sub-recipients from the National Programmes, local and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), academic and private sector institutions and UN agencies.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager based in ARHC office in Thailand, the M&E Specialist shall be responsible for the following functions
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Lead the development of Performance Frameworks for the regional grants and contribute to updating the M&E Plans, where required.
- lead the development and strengthening of a functioning monitoring, evaluation and reporting system for UNOPS as Principal Recipient, and will generate data that allow for programme analysis
- Ensure that all Sub-Recipients (SR) submit timely, regular and structured monitoring reports
- Support in direct data auditing and verification and programmatic spot checks to assure internal consistency and validity of programme activity monitoring data reported by all SRs, through period data verification and auditing and spot check visits to SRs at all levels.
- Review M&E plans and reports submitted by beneficiaries to ensure they are sound and in line with the national programme, UNOPS and donor policies and strategies, and respect gender issues as appropriate;
- Maintain the M&E database; review incoming data (for quality and programmatic); ensure the quality of the database and that M&E data are readily available.
- complex issues to supervisor with recommendation for course of action.
- Carry out field visits and coordinate all related M&E and programme implementation matters as necessary including reviewing and verifying M&E findings and follow-up the recommendations.
- Participate, as subject matter expert, in assessing SRs capacity in M&E systems; ensure adequate feedback to/from the SRs on data obtained from the internal M&E system; review partners’ DQA systems; conduct data audits.
- Participate in the implementation of capacity building activities through workshops and on the job trainings on monitoring, evaluation and reporting as required for SRs.
- Support UNOPS in the identification of potential implementation problems and bottlenecks.
- Coordinate the the preparation of the Progress Update and Disbursement Request (PU&DR), pulse check Global Fund Forms and subsequent submission to the Global Fund and/or Local Fund Agent, including reviewing overall performance of the whole grants and individual indicators against achieved cumulative results and making recommendations to improve performance.
- Prepare quarterly and annual/or ad hoc programmatic progress updates on Global Fund programmes.
Communication and Coordination:
- Prepare briefing materials as required or mission and/or discussions on project activities and status.
- Interact with colleagues, clients and partners to exchange vital information on operational issues and seek cooperation to resolve routine operational issues and process problems and refer
- Attend relevant meetings and present updates on M&E activities when required to do so in consultation with the Programme Manager
- Participate in programme-related meetings, trainings, workshops and events as requested by his/her supervisor.
- work with the Communications Specialist to timely update the programme information page in intranet and external websites supported by the programmes.
- Master’s degree or equivalent – preferably in Public Health, Evaluation, Project Management, or related area is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and 2 additional years experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of monitoring, evaluation and management experience in health programmes is required.
- Experience in successful development and implementation of an M&E system at programme level is required.
- Prior experience working with donors/ multi-donor funds required.
- Experience in the South East Asia region is preferred.
- Willingness to undertake field visits in difficult conditions is required.
- Sound knowledge of UNOPS regulations and rules is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, google suite (MS Office 2007 and/or newer versions) is required.
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of Thai and Myanmar languages would be an asset.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
IT SpecialistAsian Development BankManila, PhilippinesManila, Philippines
Finance Manager ,P4 ,Port Sudan -Sudan (Fixed Term) – (Open to non Sudanese nationals only)UNICEF GlobalSudanSudan
Section Head (Applied Radiation Biology and Radiotherapy)(P5)Vienna, AustriaVienna, Austria
MHPSS ManagerInternational Rescue CommitteeAnywhereAnywhere