United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
The UNESCO Regional Office for Culture in Latin America and the Caribbean is in charge of the implementation of the UNESCO programme Transcultura: Integrating Cuba, the Caribbean and the European Union through Culture and Creativity, funded by the European Union. The Programme is built on two components: the first one focusing on strengthening the skills and capacities of young cultural professionals and the second one on enhancing opportunities through knowledge transfer and exchanges.
It includes the establishment of a Caribbean Cultural Training Hub in Cuba and will create opportunities for entrepreneurship, socio-economic projects and collaboration in the cultural and creative sectors, heritage and tourism within the Caribbean region and with the European Union.
The Programme, which was launched at the beginning of 2020 and is expected to last until the end of 2024, engages partners and targets direct and indirect beneficiaries within the geographic scope of the following 17 Member States of CARICOM, CARIFORUM and OECS: Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, the Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Monserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago.
It is against this background that the UNESCO Regional Office for Culture in Latin America and the Caribbean is recruiting an international specialist to support the monitoring and reporting activities of the Transcultura programme.
Overview Of The Functions Of The Post:
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of the Transcultura programme, the international specialist shall:
- Monitor the implementation of Transcultura workplans for 2024, including holding monthly meetings with Transcultura National Programme Officers to update data on components and overall programme;
- Update monthly the Transcultura monitoring framework;
- Provide beneficiary data extractions for briefings, as necessary;
- Provide data inputs for Transcultura fact sheets;
- Update and compile documentation for evaluation purposes, as necessary;
- Elaborate the draft 2023-2024 and final Transcultura Progress Reports in a progressive fashion, adding monthly information on any new activity;
- Draft inputs for the 2023 and 2024 Havana Office reports;
- Administer impact surveys and compile and review qualitative reports by activity and by programme output, building on the feedback received to impact surveys.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cultural Studies, Arts, Creative Writing, Public Relations, Cultural Policy and Management, or any other related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant international experience working in the area of monitoring and reporting, including proven track-record in the development and update of comprehensive monitoring tools;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the cultural and creative sector;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with a multilateral or international organization, or in the UN system;
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis, and reporting;
- Ability to synthesize programme performance data and produce analytical reports;
- Strong analytical and report writing skills;
- Strong planning, goal-setting, prioritization and organizational skills;
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to maintain effective working relations within a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and to meet tight deadlines, paying close attention to detail and quality of work.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken) and understanding of Spanish.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Economics Consultant – Aviation ProjectsEgisFarnborough, HampshireFarnborough, Hampshire
Lead Auditor Health, Environment und Safety (m/w/d) HamburgPassion for PeopleHamburgHamburg
Développement des capacités en adaptation au changement climatiqueUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Oficial de salud y nutriciónAcción contra el Hambre EspañaVenezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)