With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
STRATEGIC PROGRAMMING AND STANDARDS
- Coordinate the development and updating of the FMNR guidance/technical approach for use by partners and ADPs
- Ensure that FMNR are in line with Global standards, WVA requirements WV and Government policies and guidelines for land escape restoration
- Provide high-level technical advice and face-to-face training (F2F) training on FMNR for staff and volunteers of implementing partners in Ethiopia and the region
- Provide technical advisory services to key stakeholders (e.g., national government, National Chapter members etc.) to support the scale-up of FMNR through their strategies/policies/frameworks/plans, as well as direct programming activities.
- Prepare training document, Demonstration site, collaborate with local Government for field visit and scale up best practices in the existing Projects.
- Identify & Establish suitable FMNR demonstration plots for training and/or advocacy purposes
- Lead the establishment of a CoE on FMNR in Ethiopia, including brokering partnerships with potential host departments/agencies/institutions such as the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources or the Ethiopian Environment and Forest Research Institute.
- Development and implement Standard operating procedures, and these (and other relevant polices and standards) are adhered to and continue to be improved upon.
- Plan, monitor and jointly work with the RtG team on detailed schedule of activities, budget and reporting tools of a project.
PROGRAM QUALITY AND DESIGN MONITORING & EVALUATION
- Ensure inclusion of FMNR and landscape restoration issues in all stages of the DME process
- Ensure ADP/FMNR sites effectively support the implementation of FMNR technical
- Develop concept notes, proposals and PDDs on FMNR specifically and climate change environment in general
- Ensure adequate and high quality monitoring, supervision and evaluation of FMNR , linkage and alignment with other programs in ILaNs and WVE goals
- Support NO and ILaNs reporting on FMNR and its contribution to child wellbeing
- Collect and report on key monitoring and evaluation data relating to ILaNS and HO
COLLABORATION AND PARTNERING
- Participate in National Chapter meetings, annual National FMNR Forums and other networks/forums/platforms to promote the work of the CoE and identify/cultivate new opportunities for engagement with diverse stakeholders via the CoE.
- Work closely with WVE communication Division and Area programmes (APs) in documenting Best practices, developing stories, Impact stories & disseminating the same to strategic partners.
- Collating and make available to diverse stakeholders existing knowledge products produced by the FMNR Hub in Australia to support the scale-up of FMNR.
- Actively participate in local networks in landscape restoration to raise the profile of FMNR, the CoE, and the work of WV Ethiopia
- Actively participate in sector and donor networks and forums in Ethiopia to raise the profile of FMNR, the CoE, and the work of WV Ethiopia.
RESEARCH FOR LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Undertake advocacy-oriented tours of FMNR demonstration sites for key stakeholders, with the aim to raise awareness, interest and motivation for action
- Conduct action researches in FMNR demonstration sites
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- A minimum of MSc Degree in Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Forestry, and a related field.
- BSC with combination of other MSC filed with relevant working experiences will be considered
Required Professional Experience
- Experience in professional roles in NRM, landscape restoration and/or forestry (minimum 10 years)
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and networking
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating training and capacity building in NRM (experience in FMNR is considered an advantage)
- Knowledge on the Global, Africa and National Land escape restoration plans and practical experiences in Ethiopia
- Understanding of key challenges in land degradation and regeneration, and appreciation of community-led development approaches
- Smart in mobilizing local level community development in the areas of FMNR and cooperative organizations and networking.
- Understanding of key donors as they relate to the landscape restoration, NRM and agriculture sectors
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 30% Domestic. 20% on call
Disclaimer: World Vision Ethiopia is a reputable organization that values transparency and fairness in its recruitment process and does not solicit any money for any job application. We encourage all job seekers to be cautious of any job ads that require payment or personal information upfront. If you have any questions or concerns about our job ads or recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.