ColdStar Solutions Inc
We are looking for a Night Class 1 Driver to join our growing team!
What is it like being a driver for ColdStar? You’ll pre-trip your truck and do some trips around the Island. You will do a delivery here and there. After your 9-hour shift, you might be staying late for some extra overtime. Otherwise, fuel up, park your tractor, and enjoy the rest of your day!
How is this going to work you might wonder? This is how it goes:
- You stumble upon this ad.
- You read it and think WOW this is the career for me.
- You apply with your resume and don’t forget your abstract.
- You hear the phone ringing and it’s HR, they want to know more, you’re selected for an interview.
- You get hired, yay! You’re loving life and brag to all your friends.
- You get them hired too and you both get a nice referral bonus!
- General P&D activities such as: safe driving, related paperwork, customer service
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with dispatch supervisor and manager
- Report all incidents and safety hazards in a timely manner to the supervisor or manager
- Minimum 1 year of experience driving a 53 foot trailer is required
- Class 1 driver’s license and clean drivers abstract is required
- Knowledge of reefer settings and food temperature hauling requirements is an asset
- Experience using an electric pallet jack, an asset
- Physically able to lift 50lbs required
- Good knowledge of Vancouver Island is an asset
- Flexibility for scheduling is key
- Health, dental, vision
- RSP Matching
- Life insurance, critical illness, long-term disability, AD&D
- EAP & Wellness program
- Personal days off & birthday off
- Boot reimbursement, on-site parking, and more
About ColdStar Solutions Inc.
ColdStar Solutions Inc. is a Vancouver Island owned Grocery Wholesaler and Transportation company that specializes in hauling food products between Vancouver and all parts of Vancouver Island, the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, and the Gulf Islands of Georgia Strait, while also being a public Cold Storage operation.
ColdStar was just awarded the Top Fleet Employer Designation for 2021, which is awarded to leaders in promoting a positive image of the trucking and logistics industry. Seventy-seven of the best workplaces in Canada’s trucking and logistics industry were recognized this year.
ColdStar is trying to lower our carbon footprint by transforming our fleet to CNG (Natural Gas) powered tractors & by implementing a produce dehydrator to recycle spoiled produce into fertilizer.
ColdStar strongly believes that food gives us all an opportunity to share and connect. We also believe that we have a responsibility to give back to the communities that support our business. The Community Food Project is our way of giving, sharing, and connecting with the people in our communities. Once a month ColdStar, with the help of other participating sponsors, donates food to non-profit agencies on Vancouver Island.
ColdStar Solutions is committed to treating all employees with respect and providing a safe work environment. Please submit a resume to Human Resources, by responding to this ad. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $29.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Class 1 Driving: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.