University of Arkansas
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter “Find Jobs” in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only ):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more: https://ddei.uams.edu/
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] .
NWAC tendersglobal.net Northwest AR Campus Research CP7B
Summary of Job Duties:
The Nurse Educator will work with the maternal health APRN in a clinic setting to evaluate and assess the health risk on program participants and clinic patients. Additionally, the Community Health Educator will be responsible for managing relationships with program participants and local community based organizations. This person will track program progress and timeline deliverables to ensure the goals and objectives of the project are met, while also ensuring that relationships with participants and institutional stakeholders are maintained throughout the project. This position will engage in a range of activities such as outreach and participant recruitment, participant screening and assessment, health education, care coordination/service navigation, and community education and engagement.
Education, general: HS diploma/GED with five (5) years of RN/Clinical experience
Professional License/Certificate: Valid Arkansas Registered Nurse License
Education, general: Associates Degree, BSN or Higher in Nursing or related healthcare field with five (5) years of RN/Clinical experience
Valid AR drivers’ license required with current automobile insurance and reliable car for moderate travel to LR occasionally and to surrounding communities (mileage reimbursed at the current state mileage reimbursement rate) if a state vehicle is not available.
Detail oriented and Organized;
Excellent interpersonal skills;
Strong problem solving skills;
Ability to work independently and interdependently;
Experience with Microsoft Office required;
Excellent oral and written communication skills;
Ability to work under deadline pressure.
Occasional out-of-state travel.
A personal working cell phone is required.
Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Prepares patients for clinic visits by obtaining vitals and entering data into the EHR; accompanying patient to assigned exam room; obtaining patient HPI; updating active problems and medication lists, and updating allergies and past surgical and medical history.
- Communicates brief summary of reason for patient’s visit to provider.
- Gathers and places supplies and instruments appropriate for anticipated exams and/or procedure, based on stated reason for appointment or information gleaned during the intake.
- Assists the provider with patient care.
- Escorts patient to clinic lab or radiology, if needed, and monitors progress to ensure prompt return to exam room upon completion.
- Reinforces patient education and instructions at conclusion of visit.
- Assists patient in scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Assists patients with scheduling appointments with outside providers when outgoing referral is ordered.
- Exhibits competency with technical skills and EHR documentation.
- Exhibits professionalism by maintaining a positive working relationship with patients, providers and employees.
- Develops and manages relationships with program participants and community stakeholders.
- Coordinates communication with community stakeholders. Works with program managers to develop and deliver appropriate outreach and communication for project.
- Responsible for relationship building and management with external partners.
- Frequently tracks and reports on program deliverables through effective utilization of program management software.
- Identifies barriers and utilizes good problem-solving skills to address issues that arise in regard to participant relationships, ensuring all program objectives are met and data collection processes and procedures are followed.
- Inform program and clinic decisions as related to culturally adapting services to the Marshallese and/or Hispanic/Latino community
- Other duties as assigned
Constant Physical Activity:
Hear, Read, Concentrate, Think Analytically,
Frequent Physical Activity:
Occasional Physical Activity:
Bend, sit, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop or reach overhead
Lift/Carry Weight: 11 – 25 Lbs. or more
Push/Pull Weight: 100 Lbs. or more
Physical Environment: Inside medical Facility
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity
Near visual acuity
Biological, Dust, Fumes/Gases/Odors, Radiation, Sharp objects/tools
Commensurate with education and experience
Required Documents to Apply:
Proof of Veteran Status
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact [email protected] for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
Criminal Background Check
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity:
Grasping, Hearing, Lifting, Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Reaching, Sharps, Standing, Stooping, Talking, Walking
Frequent Physical Activity:
Occasional Physical Activity:
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.