Father Lacombe Care Society
FATHER LACOMBE CARE CENTRE
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (1.0 FTE DAYS)
What we offer:
· Monday – Friday with Weekends Off
· Competitive Wages
· Sick Time, Group Benefits and RRSP
· 8% Vacation in the first year
· Exciting and growing organization
· Small not-for-profit company
· Located next to Fish Creek Park
· Free parking
Are you looking for a job that has meaning, contributes to society, and is in a family-like environment? Do you wish you were part of something bigger? Does sharing a workplace with seniors make you smile inside? Can you imagine coming to work every day, working with people who are happy to see you, experiencing many different challenging and rewarding tasks, all while contributing to the lives of Calgarians?
If you answered YES to any of these questions – we may be the employer for you!
In a uniquely supportive environment…
We’re driven by a set of Core Values, including compassion, spirituality, justice, excellence and sacredness of life which exemplify our commitment to seniors. We value the unique life experiences of every resident and cater our services to meet the needs of each as an individual. In addition, you’ll find that we’re dedicated to a thriving, rewarding workplace for our Team Members. This positions you to further our mission: To provide compassionate holistic care to all adults in a home environment.
Make a difference everyday…
Working at Father Lacombe Care Centre (FLCC) is truly a unique career experience and we take pride in providing the resources you need to make a real difference in the lives of our residents. For over 100 years our resident-centered approach to quality care has been the gold standard in our industry. We invite you to contribute your talents as part of the team that is elevating FLCC to an entirely new level in order to serve even more seniors and their families.
As a valued member of the team, the Occupational Therapist will help us champion our collective commitment to deliver quality care and fulfill our mission to help residents live fully every day. As a member of the interdisciplinary team and reporting to the Director of Care (DOC), the Occupational Therapist provides OT programs to our residents, establishes resident goals, and develops/documents individual treatment plans. The Occupational Therapist provides supervision to support personnel. If you are organized, energetic and enthusiastic, then this position is for you!
· ADL Assessments and Restorative Care
· Mobility and Seating
· Adaptive Equipment
· Pressure Wound Prevention & Management
· Restraint Reduction
· Falls Prevention
· Resident, Family and Staff Education
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
· Graduate of a recognized school of Occupational Therapy.
· Member of the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT) in good standing.
· AADL Authorizer an asset
· Knowledge of seating/positioning, pressure relief, and wound management issues.
· Ability to anticipate resident needs.
· Evaluate resident’s response to therapy interventions making modifications as required.
· Ability to effectively communicate with members of a multidisciplinary team.
· Experience working with seniors and experience working in long term care an asset.
· Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks, and problem solve.
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
· In accordance with Alberta Long Term Care and Supportive Living Accommodation Standards all employees will have a criminal record search conducted prior to employment.
· Father Lacombe Care Society has a duty to protect staff, residents, volunteers, and visitors from the risk of infectious diseases. For this reason, all staff are required to be fully immunized, including the annual flu vaccine.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please send your resume and cover letter prior to the application closing date of February 3, 2023.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
For more information about our organization, please visit our website at http://www.fatherlacombe.ca/
The Father Albert Lacombe Home Society has a long and proud history of working with Calgary`s seniors and their families. We are Calgary’s oldest accredited Catholic health care provider. In 1910 Father Albert Lacombe and the Sisters of Charity of Providence had a vision to create a home devoted to the care of everyone, regardless of religion. That vision continues today, as does an unwavering commitment to the organization’s values of compassion, spirituality, justice, excellence and sacredness of life.
We thank all candidates for applying. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All qualified resumes will be held on file for six (6) months.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $39.17-$52.13 per hour
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- occupational therapy: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-03
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.