European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
The Officer provides general administrative support whilst also taking on responsibility for important administrative processes. The role may also provide secretarial support for a number of senior level managers. This role will involve dealing with colleagues of all levels throughout the Bank as well as requiring some level of senior client communication.
- The Officer provides administrative support whilst taking on responsibility for important processes.
- The role can also provide secretarial support for a number of senior level managers and their team
- This role will involve dealing with colleagues of all levels throughout the Bank as well as requiring some level of senior client communication.
Facts / Scales:
- Provide support for departmental contribution to Bank Committees
- Contribute to team budget, amount varies dependant on size of team, ensuring that all costs incurred comply with the EBRD policy and all issues are reported in a timely manner.
- Main internal interfaces are with their Manager, all members within their team, their Team Budget Officer/Group Budget Officer, the Finance department, the Technical Co-operation team, OGC and other teams as and when necessary. May also be required to liaise directly with clients.
- The Officer may also provide secretarial support to senior bankers/managers
- No line manager responsibilities.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Monitor the budget and review all charges to the team’s budget, either as Budget Officer or Alternate Budget Officer, to ensure the accuracy of all financial details and compliance with the Bank’s procedures.
- Assist the Budget Officer in approving payments in SAP whether through the Expenses/Petty Cash system, purchase orders or parked journals. This may also involve monitoring the local office bank accounts and organising physical payment [RO only] and managing all the cost recoveries [HQ only]
- Liaise with Communications to ensure the accuracy of all the team’s internet and intranet pages.
- Prepare presentations and briefing notes for the team for speaking/meeting engagements.
- Depending on the individual team, function as the HR, IT Stationery, Archives, Project/Live link and Departmental coordinator to ensure the smooth running of the team and that procedures are adhered to.
- Coordinate hotel/travel arrangements, itineraries, arranging visas and producing expense claims relating to travel & hospitality.
- Arrange and confirm meeting appointments for assigned bankers/managers.
- Draft routine business correspondence and obtain the relevant sign offs.
- Manage Departmental delivery processes for submission of memos and papers for Bank Committees’
- Provide cover for other admin/secretarial staff in the team during absences
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Secondary/High School Education
- Fluent English, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of another language both written and spoken would be useful
- Knowledge of local Office language essential [RO only]
- Administrative and secretarial experience essential
- High level of numeracy
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels in a multicultural environment
- Strong team player, with the ability to work highly efficiently and to handle simultaneous assignments involving a wide range of bank-wide contacts.
- Ability to exercise judgment on and deal discretely with confidential/sensitive information and data.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to prioritise and work, cope under pressure with continuously changing priorities with no or little supervision, schedule own work and take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines is essential
- Computer literate: Windows XP: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proven skills to do business correspondence and document writing, summarise information in written narratives and presentations including textual, numeric and graphic/charts parts
- Knowledge of SAP desirable but not essential
Recommend your friend
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.
Junior Projektmanager (w/m/d) MarktforschungFerreroFrankfurt am Main, HessenFrankfurt am Main, Hessen
International Marketing ManagerUniversity of NorthamptonNorthamptonNorthampton
Programme Policy Officer (Activity Manager – Agriculture Market Support Unit) CSTII KampalaWorld Health Organization (WHO)UgandaUganda
Provision of sign language interpretation servicesUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere