Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Bangladesh.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Bangladesh Resident Mission (BRM) within the South Asia Department (SARD). SARD covers operations in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal and Sri Lanka. BRM is responsible for initiating and maintaining dialogue with the government on issues that are of relevance to ADB operations in the country, strengthening project processing and portfolio management, preparing the country partnership strategy and its annual updates, strengthening working relations with the government, development partners, NGOs, civil society, and the private sector, planning and preparing ADB’s substantive economic and sector work, promoting external relations and disseminating information about ADB and its operations.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Operations Assistant provides high quality, timely and accurate statistical, and analytical support services for various activities relating to BRM portfolio management unit, project processing and administration, and other operational support to the visiting ADB missions and other appropriate functions as required; coordinate operational activities for the BRM. The incumbent will report to designated international staff (IS) and senior national staff (NS).
- Supports international and national staff in implementation of technical assistance (TAs) and grants.
- Supports in recruiting consultants under the supervision of designated international staff
- Ensures that all correspondence and documents, such as project completion reports (PCRs), technical assistance completion reports (TCRs), are correctly typed, prepared and submitted on time in compliance with ADB’s standards. Ensures all the incoming mails are logged, properly distributed and brought to the attention of concerned staff, and that outgoing mails/faxes are delivered on time.
- Assists the country portfolio management units and sector missions in preparation of country portfolio review missions (CPRM) and tripartite portfolio review missions (TPRM).
- Liaises with staff concerned at the HQ, closely coordinates with economics and research department (ERD) and key government agencies, and ensures smooth communication and distribution of CPRM/TPRM aide memoire.
- Coordinates meetings/appointments with Government of Bangladesh, executing agencies, donors and other stakeholders, including fixing/organizing seminars, workshops, press conferences etc.
- Supports in the preparation of Aide Memoirs, briefing papers for senior management, presentation materials, background papers, back-to-office reports (BTORs) and other reports pertaining to group assigned.
- Prepares mission authorization requests (MARs) and mission authorization business travel requests (MA-BTRs), and request for reimbursement of business travel (RRBT) for BRM staff.
- Arranges required logistic facilities such as transportation, workshops, seminars, visas, shipments, custom clearances, preparing and ensuring delivery of letters to participants, and preparing certificates, etc.
- Performs any other duties as may be required and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft technology packages (common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics, presentation applications
- Proven ability to understand the interactions between different work areas and relevant workflows and their purposes.
- Ability to work independently by managing priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 4.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.