University of Mississippi
Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
The University of Mississippi seeks an Operations Coordinator I to coordinate the daily operations of the Office of Institutional Research, Effectiveness, and Planning to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness. The incumbent processes departmental SAP requirements, compiles information and prepares reports for internal use, and corresponds with vendors to make purchases and reconcile invoices.
Examples of Work Performed
- Coordinates the daily operations of the department.
- Completes departmental SAP requirements such as facility and telecommunications work orders.
- Corresponds with vendors to make purchases and reconcile invoices.
- Prepares, tracks, and monitors accounts payable and receivable documents for the department.
- Participates in the production, duplication, and distribution of various materials.
- Assists in the preparation of agendas and routine office functions such as correspondence and calendar maintenance.
- Maintains timelines for job completion and monitors completion of tasks.
- Collects payments and makes deposits, and prepares cash reports for the department.
- Updates departmental website and digital signage, as needed.
- Organizes and maintains financial and personnel files.
- Posts events through the University event management program.
- Assists with coordinating special projects for the office and other projects as assigned.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Two (2) years of experience related to the above described duties.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.