Asian Development Bank
The Country Operations Head assists the Regional Director in the sound management of operations at PLCO and its PCOs. The incumbent will coordinate country programming, business planning, quality assurance and portfolio monitoring and organize the provision of operations services to project teams.
The incumbent reports to the Regional Director with a matrix reporting to PARD’s Regional Operations Coordination Head and supervises International Staff, National Staff and Administrative Staff.
Country portfolio management and programming:
- Leads the country portfolio performance review with support from PCOs. Responsible for management, monitoring, and reporting on sovereign and non-sovereign operations (programming, pipeline, and portfolio management) at the country level to achieve country-specific performance indicators. Provides high-level guidance on operational issues and compliance with ADB policies. Actively participates in operations and portfolio networks facilitated by the Regional Operations Coordination Head and PPFD.
- Guides project teams on the country-specific project and portfolio management issues and leads portfolio, programming, and pipeline-related missions and activities with the government. Oversees project-related communication and coordination with government and stakeholders. Consults with clients to swiftly resolve country-wide issues and coordinates the resolution of project-specific issues, collaborating with the solutions departments/offices and PCOs.
- Supports the Regional Director in assuring project/TA implementation arrangements are designed to meet each country’s context. Guides sectors in designing and processing projects to ensure that they are effectively delivered to advance ADB’s regional and country priorities, meet DMC needs, and fit the local context.
- Leads country programming with support from the PCOs. Programs the allocation of operational resources in each country in collaboration with sector groups, PSOD/OMDP, and the regional operations coordination office. Works closely with country management team members and the PCOs to create a portfolio of cross-cutting and innovative projects that meet client needs and advance ADB’s priorities, e.g., climate change and PSD.
- Maintains pipelines and oversees the progress of lending and non-lending by monitoring, supporting, and facilitating the work of solutions departments for the timely delivery of the country program. Liaises with development partners on co-financing opportunities. Provides inputs into the Pacific Approach and related reviews from a programming, pipeline, and portfolio management perspective.
- Advises the RD and backstops on the quality of project-level documentation, concurrences, and decisions for sovereign operations and technical assistance, as determined by SIs and PAIs. Liaises closely with Regional Operations Coordination Head on all matters of quality assurance.
- Supports the Regional Director and each country’s management team in preparation of PLCO’s work plan and alignment with regional department KPIs.
- Serves as head of the secretariat to the country management teams for Nauru, Solomon Islands, and Vanuatu, supporting the Regional Director to set standard operating procedures for their effective functioning.
- Organizes and advises on providing certain operations services (e.g., safeguards, procurement, financial management) and thematic services (e.g., climate change, gender) to ensure adequate support to project teams delivering operations in the country.
- Organizes and provides operational capacity development to staff and external clients on sovereign operations management.
- Manages the performance of teams and individuals, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to teams and individuals and ensures their ongoing learning and development.
- Supports Regional Director with Finance and Administration functions.
- Undertakes other activities designated by the Regional Director and Regional Operations Coordination Head. Coordinates with Head of Regional Operations Coordination, Head RCI, Lead Economist, and Head PSD.
Relevant Experience & Requirements:
- Master’s degree in engineering, economics, business administration, public administration, or related fields. University degree in engineering, economics, business administration, public administration, and related fields.
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience managing projects, portfolios, and pipelines for development institutions.
- Familiarity with systems for assessing project readiness and monitoring portfolio performance.
- Experience working with government counterparts on portfolio management, country programming, and problem solving.
- Experience cooperating with development partners on country programming.
- Proven management and leadership qualities, and experience leading teams and mentoring staff.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, cultural sensitivities, and maturity.
- Resident mission experience preferred.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Facility Manager Datacenter (m/w/d)Noris networkAschheim, BayernAschheim, Bayern
Expert (e) national (e) en finances publiques (BSE & BSG)United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)Tunis, TunisiaTunis, Tunisia
Driver – Kenya Primary Literacy ProgramEducation Development CenterKenyaKenya
Consultancy GenU – Design Consultant – Req.#569964UNICEF GlobalUnited StatesUnited States