We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 202122 we reached 650 million people.
Contract Type:Fixed term contract for 2 years with the possibility of an extension
Location:Barranquilla (this location is fixed)
Right to Work Requirements:Right to Work in Colombia. The British Council is not able to support or sponsor work visa applications.
Closing Date:advert will close onTuesday, November 28, 2023 at 23:59 Colombia time.
Your role will be to empower the Head of Implementation in strategically planning, closely monitoring, and seamlessly delivering a vast, enduring project. This role will be in charge of the planning, execution, and implementation, aligned with the project’s strategic goals and the internal policies of the British Council.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following
- Liaises with delivery partners and stakeholders and can procure services and contracts with delivery partners.
- Ensures suppliers are held accountable for fulfilling contractual obligations.
- Builds strong internal and external relationships and networks.
- Creates a detailed implementation plan integrating schedule of activities, deliverables, financial resources, quality management, communications plan, risk assessment and mitigation, indicators, amongst others.
- Works hand in hand with the Head of Implementation to make strategic decisions, thus mitigating possible risks during the implementation.
- Liaises with other British Council strategic units that need to take part during the implementation of the project.
- Leads and monitors the implementation of all the assigned components of the project assuring quality through the coordination with the Technical Leads.
- Leads an academic and administrative team on the delivery and monitoring of the project in line with the corporate policies and stakeholders requirements.
- Draws progress and technical reports of the project following the deadlines that have been established with the stakeholder.
- Provides timely information to prepare analytical reports, presentations, technical documents, and academic and financial reports relevant to the project.
- Monitors budget and expenditure against forecast.
- Monitors the cash flow and budget forecast for the assigned project according to the stakeholders requirements and British Councils policies.
- Supervises and approves the financial reports including supporting documents to external partners under the supervision and approval of the Head of Implementation This includes detailed reports of withholding taxes to DIAN, and according to the stakeholders and British Council policies.
- Ensures that all income & expenditure transactions for the project are recorded efficiently.
Requirements of the role
- Five (5) years of professional experience in large-scale projects, ideally in educational or social sectors.
- Experience managing projects from start to finish and familiarity with project life cycles.
- Understanding of procurement processes for obtaining goods and services.
- Demonstrated expertise in assessing and communicating outcomes during the delivery of large-scale projects.
- Experience managing stakeholders.
- Experience using uptodate tools for monitoring project delivery.
- University degree in Administration, Education, Communications, or related areas.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English at B2 level is required.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion(EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council iscommitted to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Councils Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ASK HR email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.