University of Sydney
- Full time 12 month fixed term position
- An excellent opportunity to provide leadership and guidance to support the strategic direction of the Shared Service Centre
- Base Salary $145,184 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Shared Service Centre team are looking for a highly motivated and self-driven Service Centre Operations Manager to join their high performing team. In your new role, you will collaborate with and support the Director of Service Centre Operations. It is an excellent opportunity for you to provide leadership and supervision to the Service Centre Team Leaders within the Shared Service Centre to ensure an efficient, responsive and consistent level of customer service.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work collaboratively with the Director of Service Centre Operations to influence service improvements and drive continual improvement initiatives
- prepare staffing forecasting and planning to maximise resourcing availability
- support the Director of Service Centre Operations in implementing a comprehensive ‘Workforce Planning Model’ that includes areas such as ‘Talent Management’ and ‘Succession’
- develop both approaches and strategies in order to resolve any potential issue[s] that can impact upon the managed project[s] scope, budget, risks and resources.
- ensure that the Quality and reporting framework is implemented into the Shared Service Centre, supporting the Director of Service Centre in the development, ongoing management and updating of the framework.
- clear and effective communication skills and an ability to tailor messaging to different audiences as needed – oral and written.
- demonstrated ability to interpret, apply and integrate complex policies and procedures
- demonstrated negotiation and liaison skills with stakeholders at senior levels with an ability to influence key stakeholders
- demonstrated proficiency in staffing forecasting and workload balancing
- excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to lead, and motivate a team of service delivery staff within a large and complex organization.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the reasons for the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People , women , people living with a disability , people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds , and those who identify as LGBTIQ . We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Victoria Ford-Rogers, Recruitment Operations on by email to [email protected] .
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for
Tuesday 21 November 2023 11:59 PM
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.