Instructions to Applicants: Click on the “Apply now” button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit “submit application” tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
The Office of Finance and Management Services (FMS) is based in UNCDF Headquarters, New York along with out-posted staff across regional offices and multiple country locations. FMS team works to enhance the institutional effectiveness of UNCDF through operational solutions, development of management policies, prescriptive content, and overall management of all operational, resource management and financial aspects of the organization.
FMS oversees policy adherence, safeguarding UNCDF and its Executive Secretary’s accountability while providing advisory, transactional services and support to UNCDF in its core functional areas of accounts and finance; human resources; procurement and administration; and information technology.
The Operations Support Associate is expected to provide support to the OFMS in the preparation, roll-out and implementation of the new ERP resource (known and hereinafter referred to as Quantum) and other preparatory work on various streams, namely HR, Finance, Procurement, Programme Management. For this engagement, the consultant will work closely with the team in charge of the various business processes in OFMS.
The Operations Support Associate will be under the default supervision of the UNCDF Operations Specialist – Finance and Management Services (FMS). However, for tasks/assignments that are originating from HR and Finance, the review and acceptance of the outputs as well as the authorization of payment shall be performed by the HR Specialist or the Finance Specialist, as the case may be.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Services
The Operations Support Associate may be called upon to perform any or any combination of the following work:
- Support data clean up for the operations team (Finance, Human Resources and Procurement) in preparation of Quantum data migration ahead of the go-live or at any other time after the roll-out where this may be required;
- Preparation of the second and third phase of vendor and purchase order data clean up in ATLAS in preparation of the Quantum go-live or at any other time after the roll-out where this may be required;
- Uploading of IC (Individual Contractor) contracts to the contracts repository database (SharePoint) and updating/uploading support documents including related amendments.
- Provide support in Quantum testing specifically the supplier registration through the supplier portal link and manage all incoming correspondence on behalf of the supplier during testing;
- Compilation of HR data from various sources into one document with link to detail information on staff/Set up of workforce data for readiness for Capability Review and QUANTUM;
- Compilation of data from various sources into one document with link to detail information on staff/Set up of workforce data for readiness for Capability Review and QUANTUM (GS, NO, and PSA: +200 individuals)
- Support the achiving and data compilation exercise for the Finance department under guidance of Finance colleagues;
- Participate in the identifying and sharing lessons learned and best practices for consideration in future operations processes;
- Any other administrative and operations-related support work that the teams under OFMS may require and as needed.
The Operations Support Associate shall have the following competencies:
|Achieve Results:||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|Think Innovatively:||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|Learn Continuously:||LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning|
|Adapt with Agility:||LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination:||LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously|
|Engage and Partner:||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion:||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
|People Management (Insert below standard sentence if the position has direct reports.)
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies)
Required Skills and Experience
|Min. Education requirements||A bachelor’s degree in Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, or related discipline|
|Min. years of relevant work experience||Minimum two (2) years of progressively responsible operations and administrative experience is required at the international level|
|Required skills||Excellent knowledge of working with Microsoft Office applications, Spreadsheets and Worksheets. Knowledge of using charts, graphs, maps, and other visual representations of data to help present your findings in an easy-to-understand way.|
|Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section||Advanced knowledge of automated systems along with experience in handling of web-based management systems is desireable.
Knowledge of UN/UNDP travel policies is also considered desireable
|Professional Certificates||If required for specific services. For example: ACCA, CIPS, CISCO, etc.|
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.