Alphapointe is a non-profit agency whose mission is to empower people with vision loss to achieve their goals and aspirations. Alphapointe offers a great working environment that’s both challenging and satisfying as well as an array of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, PTO, paid holidays and flexible spending options as well as a generous 401(k).
Perform optometric services for vision performance specialty practice concentrating on neuro optometry, developmental vision and low vision care._ This position is a 4 day per week position._
- Provide care in clinic for patients with vision disorders in three general areas:
- Developmental disorders related to reading, learning and job-related performance. Primary population is school age individuals.
- Disorders resulting from concussion, stroke, neurological disease. Primary population is motor vehicle accidents and job-related trauma.
- Visual impairment from disease, trauma and hereditary conditions. Primary population is the aging patient, although all ages are included.
- Perform performance tests for binocular, accommodative, oculomotor, visual perceptual, visual-spatial, field of vision, visual-vestibular, visual processing and visual impairment.
- Refer out for eye health examinations. This assures we concentrate our time on the areas of our specialty.
- Treat with vision therapy, lens/prism therapies, occlusion therapy, low vision devices (optical and digital), occupational therapy.
- Present our many specialty services to the health care and school communities as well as to general public.
- Attend special events.
- Public speaking and presentations at eye care association meetings.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Licensed to practice in Missouri and Kansas.
- Five years of experience working as an optometrist OR post graduate residency in one or more areas of the specialty areas listed.
- Excellent personal, organizational and time management skills.
Relationships and Partnerships
- Position Alphapointe in the local/regional community as a role model for quality care and services.
- Develop and maintain positive, effective working relationships with patients, referring providers and vision professionals in the community.
Relocation (if needed) will be provided to the successful candidate.
Alphapointe is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
This position for Optometrist is located in Kansas City, Missouri.
Candidates must relocate to the area for this important position.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.