Office of Human Resources
Description for Job: IRC25129
Parking Services Coordinator
Location: New Orleans, LA
The Parking Services Coordinator position is responsible for parking infrastructure cleaning and maintenance upkeep. Cleaning entails minor pressure washing, blowing, sweeping, dusting, bagging, and hauling off debris in parking garages on all campuses and parking lots. Maintenance entails painting over existing parking lines, painting names on walls, signage install, bumper securement, etc.
The Parking Services Coordinator serves as a backup to enforcement staff when needed, issuing citations, and assisting with Diboll Garage when in Restricted Mode due to an upcoming university closure.
This position supports parking operations during on campus events from serving as liaison to hired 3rd party parking operator, to signage placement, and parking enforcement. Due to events occurring sporadically, this position does not have a set shift schedule and must be flexible working with the Parking Services Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have a valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) U.S. Driver’s License and must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle Policy criteria to become authorized as a driver.
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
• Skill set to paint parking lines and other items required in a parking operation.
• Ability to understand and follow maintenance schedules.
• Great customer service skills displaying patience and attention to detail when working with students, faculty, staff, and visitors of the university.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate work with diverse individuals and organizations, and to allow effective collaboration with both colleagues and students.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a professional decision-making team required.
• Is highly organized, can multi-task, work in a fast paced and changing environment with a sense of urgency, and has a proven ability to meet established deadlines.
Required Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma
• 1 year of experience in transportation and/or parking services
• Experience with working special events.
• Experience at a college or university.
This position is a non-exempt, hourly position assigned to pay grade 23. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that
you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane
as well as our Benefits and Pay . See our
Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply
Click “Apply Now” to apply for this job.
This position will close on the date it is filled
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which includes the requirement of a booster when eligible. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Tulane University is committed to creating a community and culture that foster a sense of belonging for all. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are intentionally seeking candidates who are committed to fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion in support of Tulane’s Strategy for Tomorrow .
Apply now >>>
>>> Back to Search Page <<<
© Gibson Hall, Tulane University • 6823 St Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118 • 504-865-4748 • [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.