United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Deadline for application submission: 17th January 2023.
The purpose of this role is to provide human resource support for the Borno field office in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws. The post holder will be supervised by the P&C Manager, Humanitarian and matrix managed by the Head of P&C and expected to work very closely with other members of the team.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and externally with vendors, service providers, consultants etc. The post holder will ensure effective administration of all Human resource processes, policy and procedure with support from the Line manager where necessary.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
- Ensure that all steps of the recruitment process are followed accordingly: Review Job descriptions, posting and circulation of advertisement, review of applications and coordination of interviews with the recruiting manager.
- Update and maintain a recruitment tracking database and submit to line manager on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all information related to payroll is received and filed in a timely manner and that supporting documentation is filed
- Ensure that signed time sheets and pay slips are received, tracked and filed correctly for all staff
- Act as the primary contact person with the insurance providers, communicating the start and end of insurance coverage promptly and ensuring the necessary administrative follow up is done
- Lead on all new staff onboarding/induction process, as well as regular refreshers and policy awareness sessions
- Facilitate staff trainings on Human Resource policy and procedure, as assigned
- Track the performance appraisal due dates for all staff and follow up with managers and to ensure they are reviewed in a timely manner
- Extract and track relevant training information from performance appraisals and submit to the P&C Manager to be followed in the country Training Plan
- Participate in the research and identification of training opportunities for staff in the response
- Working closely with the P&C Manager, provide support and capacity building to partner organizations working with Plan International in their location
- Support in ensuring that staff welfare and wellbeing is prioritized
- Support in identification and implementation of team building/bonding activities
Provide overall support to the Human Resource Department
- Ensure the application of the Human Resource policy and provide advice and support to staff and managers
- Participate in elaborating projects related to national Human Resource functioning
- Draft and circulate Human Resource department communications as necessary
- In collaboration with line manager, develop and maintain a tracking system for response statistics
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task
- Maintenance of high technical standards.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Plan International Nigeria staff regulations, values and codes of conduct.
DEALING WITH PROBLEMS
- Ensures adherence to the Country Human Resource manual and codes of conduct as per requirement of the organizational policies and procedures to support sound staff management.
- Offers support through coaching and training of staff to ensure improvement in performance.
- Be creative in building and working effectively within a diverse working environment.
- Making effective recommendations to management on how to improve the Human Resource department which supporting other functions.
- Influencing management to implement recommendations made from assurance review
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Ensure total compliance with Human Resource best practices.
- Participate in meetings with different departments in order to ascertain needs and areas in which support is required.
- Work in a team in order to achieve the aims and objectives of the organization
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in fields related to human resource, administration and management; masters’ degree a plus
- 3 plus Years of experience working in Human Resource and/or administrative support positions
- Understanding of national labour law and employment norms and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft office programs (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.