ABOUT THE ASSOCIATION
Water Europe (WE) is the voice and promoter of water-related innovation and RTD in Europe. WE is a value-based association representing over 250 members from academia, technology providers, water users, water service providers, civil society, and public authorities. WE activities and positions are guided by its Water Vision “The Value of Water: Towards a Future-Proof European Water-Smart Society”.
In the context of our academic internship programme, we are looking for a student interesting in starting a career in EU affairs. The candidate will be involved in various water-related policy, trained to work in a value-based association and have the chance to interact with stakeholders from both private and public sector.
- support the policy officer for the advocacy programme
- Research, monitor and identify relevant water-related legislative developments
- Prepare policy news, briefings and draft positions
- Assist the policy officer in the management of the MEP water group
- Animate the EUWA in collaboration with the Policy officer
- Support policy/advocacy campaigns
- support the policy officer for maintaining and developing relations with EU institutions
- Manage daily administrative tasks in collaboration with the managing team
- A relevant degree (eg. Political Science, International Relations, Law, Economics, …)
- Legally able to work in the EU
- Proficiency in English
- Interested in European & water related Affairs
- Good understanding of EU institutions
- Proven ability to work in team or independently
- Flexible and proactive
- Willing to learn
- Professional experience is a plus
- Knowledge on water dossiers is a plus
- Any other languages
Valuable internship experience in European industry association
Interacting with a wide range of companies and stakeholders world-wide
Gaining first-hand experience working in an industry association as part of an international team
Room for a lot of flexibility and creativity to allow you to bring your own innovative ideas
TIME : September 2023 – January 2024
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application your CV (max. 2 pages) and Cover Letter (max. 1 page) to Loïc Charpentier at [email protected] asap with “Application for WE policy internship + your first and last name” in object. No Europass format accepted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.