International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
We are ISO, the largest developer of International Standards. We bring together experts, to share knowledge and develop standards that provide solutions to global challenges. This is because we believe that great things happen when the world agrees. We have an exciting opportunity at our Central Secretariat in Geneva.
ISO is committed to be an equal opportunity employer and to creating a culture and environment where each employee is an active contributor to our collective success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin and culture, disability, or age.
Policy Officer (100%)
The Policy Officer reports to the Head of Technical Policy and works in close cooperation with colleagues in the Standardization and Technical Policy unit (STAND), other ISO CS units and the members of the ISO Technical Management Board (ISO/TMB) and their representatives.
This role supports the implementation of the ISO Strategy by facilitating the work of the ISO/TMB, ensuring the effective implementation and maintenance of the rules and procedures for standards development, advising the technical community, and driving initiatives and projects related to technical policy.
- Provide the day-to-day administration and secretariat services for the TMB, and act as a conduit between the ISO/TMB, ISO/CS and the ISO technical community
- Manage ISO/TMB vote forms and ballots and coordinate proposals for new fields of technical activity
- Respond to enquiries on the ISO/IEC Directives, and other general queries and technical questions from both internal and external sources. Coordinates as relevant, complaints addressed to ISO that relate to the areas of responsibilities of the STAND unit
- Understand and study the rules and procedures for standards development to explain, clarify or interpret them, within the larger context of the policy priorities of the organization
- Contribute to the preparation of meetings and other events (e.g. workshops) for the Technical Management Board and related groups (e.g. joint meetings with the IEC), including meeting support and drafting the ISO/TMB meeting minutes
- Research and draft assigned items for working documents and other TMB policy papers
- Manage the content of policy, process and working procedure related documents, and the content of ISO/TMB sections in various online platforms
- Manage input, collected from various sources, for the revision of the ISO/IEC Directives in collaboration with IEC and other implicated ISO departments, and prepare the new edition for publication
- Communicate information and updates to ISO/TMB members, the ISO technical community and groups, and internally through various communication channels
- Draft and develop the ISO/TMB Communiqué, reports, guidance and brochures, toolkits, as well as various awareness and promotion initiatives
- Plan, coordinate, and execute projects related to technical policy, on time, within scope and within budget
- Support projects and initiatives related to technical policy matters, including assigned strategic advisory groups, task forces and other groups
- Organize training/information sessions on specific topics at the request of other units
- Represent ISO in matters related to technical policy or standards development, e.g. participating in workshops, events and external meetings to promote ISO’s work and standards development
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualification and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management
- Experience in a standardization-related organization is an asset
- University-level education
- English proficiency, with strong writing skills. Other languages are an asset.
- Good knowledge and use of IT tools
- Critical thinking and analytical skills – ability to objectively analyze information/data/situations, identify key questions and propose solutions to problems
- Communication skills – ability to work well in a team, to negotiate, resolve conflicts, effectively convey vision, ideas, goals, and issues, to produce clear, concise reports and presentations
- Personal organization and time management – ability to deal with multiple projects/tasks/requests at once and to prioritize effectively
- Adaptability – ability to work autonomously or in a team, to be self-directed or follow instructions, as needed, to adapt to change and work in a multicultural environment
- Identifies and aligns with our core values: respect, integrity, collaboration, pushing boundaries, growth mindset
Starting date: 01/01/2023
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.