YMCA of Greater New York
Part-Time & Full-Time
$19.00 – $28.00
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Staten Island YMCA – Counseling Service is seeking qualified full-time and part-time individuals to provide implementation and documentation of Evidence-Based Programs (EBPs) as well as providing care to a designated caseload, including provision of individual, group, and family counseling.
- Deliver EBPs and conduct prevention counseling to clients and their families on and off site.
- Conduct screenings and assessments to determine appropriate level of care, treatment and discharge planning.
- Document prevention work and other client information in accordance with prevention guidelines, adhering to Census reporting, YMCA of Greater New York, and program standards.
- Complete ongoing reporting, outreach, referrals, and dialogue with professionals involved with caseload.
- Maintain superior quality assurance and program quality, ensuring contract and regulation compliance, fulfilling clinical standards and best practices.
- Perform group and individual counseling at the branch and conduct intake assessments.
- Develop and foster positive working relationships with onsite and offsite staff, service location personnel and community partners.
- Serve as task supervisor to interns / volunteers / co-workers.
- Assist supervisor with inputting required documentation into WITNYS and coordinate appropriate services for onsite EBPs and other prevention counseling services.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BA/BSW/CASAC degree with psychology, social science or addiction as part of the curriculum. MSW/MHC preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in delivery of curriculums, and prevention and/or addiction counseling.
- Experience working with children and families.
- Substance abuse education and knowledge of 12-step philosophy
- Knowledge of the developmental stages of a child’s physical, emotional and cognitive development.
- Skills in planning process, oriented art projects and providing a stimulating group/classroom environment.
- Excellent organization skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $19.00 – $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.