Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
- Provide support in the development and management of effective implementation of Plan and donor procurement policies;
- Organize and prioritize purchases according to the (urgent, small items, international purchases, services, etc) in accordance with procurement plans;
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data for budgeting purposes by the programs;
- Carry out bid opening and analysis. This will involve preparation of abstracts of offers, bid analysis and compiling data contained in the bids for consideration for award of contracts;
- Periodically extract reports from SAP and report on the discrepancies where necessary as well as ensuring cleansing of data;
- Based on past requisitions, real consumption and expected demand of specific products (such as tools, stationery, visibility materials, accommodation, travel agents, etc);
- establish legally binding contracts and/or agreements with those vendors with proven track records in low prices and quality goods, services and prompt delivery;
- Prepare and maintain Contracts Database and monitor the renewal of contracts or new bidding process and advice the direct line manager on the actions to be undertaken in a timely manner;
- Reconcile contracts records and accounts i.e. monitor contract expenditures against budget and contractual ceiling amounts.
- Degree in Business Administration or Management or Purchasing and Supplies Management, or Supply Chain Management or related field;
- Experience in the area of procurement and Logistics;
- Experience in UN Or NGO environment involving in the procurement activities;
- Experience in emergency procurement is advantageous;
- Fluency in Portuguese and Advanced level of English language is essential;
- Knowledge of local languages is a desirable.
Please follow this link for full role profile: Procurement & Logístics Officer
Type of Role: Fixed Term
Reports to: Project Manager
Closing Date: 13 November, 2023
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.