Logistics Management Institute
LMI is seeking a skilled Production Editor with a focus in visuals and graphics to support a government client in McLean, VA. Successful candidates demonstrate competency in copy-editing, quality control of visuals, graphics, and interactive media, time management of production deadlines, general life-cycle support to the editing process and dissemination of formal analytic products, and flexibility to learn new styles and programs as determined by the client.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction. We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
Production/Visual Quality Control Officer shall complete the following tasks:
- Review and edit – in cooperation with cartographers, designers, and interactive producers, possibly analysts, and content managers – intelligence products to ensure that they align with style guide standards, are consistent in grammar and tone, use appropriate formatting for readability, and are delivered on time for publishing. Officer may provide editorial or technical suggestions when warranted.
- Review and edit visuals, including graphics, maps, and interactive media, to be published and disseminated to IC clients for consistency and accuracy, using the Sponsor-provided reference materials.
- Assist visual producers in the development of visual aids to enhance comprehension of visuals and ensure proper format, readability, and consistency within the primary supporting documents.
- Verify proper sourcing of both documents and visuals.
- Edit visuals using Adobe Acrobat Pro and InCopy. Cross-check visual content against sourced word document to ensure accuracy of content placement and sources.
- Work within production schedules and coordinate with all parties involved.
- Attend daily production meetings to review calendar and share guidance as needed for LMI’s client’s best practices in visual formatting.
- Communicate status of visuals in quality control.
- Assist other quality control officers in other related offices when they are out.
- Apply consistency across production.
- Demonstrated experience in editing documents – including technical documents.
- 5+ years with editing, reviewing, sourcing, and disseminating national security products.
- Be able to work independently.
- Be an advanced user of Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office.
- 3 to 5 years of experience supporting US foreign policy and national security objectives.
- 3 to 5 years of experience editing finished intelligence products in support of an IC customer including a proven track record of reviewing finished intelligence and collaborating with analysts and managers.
- Strong working knowledge of national security classification procedures.
- Strong written communications, editorial, and grammatical skills.
- Strong knowledge of publishing principles and basics of publication design.
- Knowledge of production methodology for publishing products in hardcopy or electronic formats.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and to adjust as priorities change.
- TS/SCI with polygraph required.
- Strong working knowledge of publishing principles and basics of publication design
- Strong working knowledge of production methodology for publishing products in hard copy or electronic formats.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.