World Health Organization
Country Office Support Units have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Description Of Duties:
- Provide background information for appointments with official visitors and/or staff members.
- Receive visitors and telephone calls with tact and discretion, and acts according to the nature and urgency of each, including redirecting as appropriate
- Monitor requests for goods and services, including receipt, payment and inventory requirements.CORRESPONDENCE
- Draft general or administrative correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of instructions;
finalize correspondence/reports for signature/clearance:
- Analyze incoming correspondence and requests in the light of background material, instructions, policies and precedents, researching, obtaining and attaching background information in anticipation of the responsible officer’s needs, or redirecting them as appropriate; identify and highlight incoming documents and attach background information and identify areas requiring action by professional staff, drawing their attention to specific items
- Ensure that technical reports and documents are in line with WHO standards, rules, practices and procedures, editing and correcting them as necessary prior to their submission for signature or clearance of relevant authority
- Using appropriate tracking tools, follow-up on and ensure that target dates and deadlines are met, and that correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner
- Maintain an appropriate filing system for all official correspondences
Supports administrative preparation for meetings, seminars, workshops, including letters of invitation, costs calculation and travel requests; assisting with preparation of documents, dispatching of materials and liaising with participants and others involved.- Support preparation of administrative presentations using PowerPoint and other software packages on own initiative or on the basis of instructions.- Schedule periodic admin team and ad hoc meetings, according to schedules and need; taking and preparation of minutes.- Obtain briefing and background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. to be attended by the team, checking their availability and ensuring they have the appropriate briefing files and documents.
- Essential: Completion of secondary school education or equivalent technical or commercial education.
- Desirable: Training in secretarial tasks and/or in an administrative field is desirable
- Essential: 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Desirable: Experience in administrative support positions in WHO or another UN agency an asset. Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset
- The incumbent maintains and updates proficiency in the use of modern office technology through of in-house courses, on-the-job training or self-training. He/she keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, the cluster and WHO, to be able to brief others and explain procedures.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.
Economics Consultant – Aviation ProjectsEgisFarnborough, HampshireFarnborough, Hampshire
Lead Auditor Health, Environment und Safety (m/w/d) HamburgPassion for PeopleHamburgHamburg
Développement des capacités en adaptation au changement climatiqueUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Oficial de salud y nutriciónAcción contra el Hambre EspañaVenezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)