World Bank Group
Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
Role & Responsibilities:
The CMU is currently looking an experienced, hard-working, upbeat Program Assistants (PA). The incumbents would work closely with other members of the World Bank’s country office team in Panama. The selected PA will be based in Panama City, Panama and will report to the Operations Manager (OM) and will also work under the close supervision of the Senior Executive Assistant. Broadly, the duties and accountabilities can include the following and may be prioritized based on the needs of the specific role:
- Coordinate and manage the different teams’ meeting agendas, solving scheduling issues.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to senior staff (e.g., specific PMs , task team leaders and team members, including handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Contribute to other major operational task as requested.
- Serve as a resource to other colleagues for more complex problems requiring advanced administrative and technical skills (in consultation with the relevant colleagues in the team).
- Provide back-up support to the other teams as needed.
- Attend and prepare minutes for staff meetings, as requested.
- Work efficiently and effectively, often from own initiative, to provide support to all relevant colleagues in the team.
- Draft routine correspondence, project-related documents, and proofread materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Maintain up to date the unit’s filing system (electronic documents) and retrieve data from various sources when needed.
- Prepare folders of documents to be signed, ensure timely clearance and perform proper distribution.
- Coordinate logistics arrangements (videoconference, WebEx, and audio-conference) for meetings, including preparation of meeting folders and proper coordination with IT team to assure VC connections are well established before the meetings.
- Exercise quality enhancement function for all type of documents, adhering to departmental, VPU, and institutional guidelines. Interpret existing procedures and processes, independently determine which one(s) should be used, and apply these appropriately.
- Assist visiting missions and project teams with preparation of mission announcements, planning of local logistics, scheduling of meetings, and coordination of administrative arrangements in connection with the mission requirements.
- Maintain up to date the distribution lists, phone/address lists, and databases.
- Create and maintain systematic records management for correspondence and key unit documents for easy reference using the unit’s SharePoint.
- Undertake ad hoc inquiries as requested..
- Monitor and track assigned tasks/project steps/timetables, coordinate with relevant staff, and provide assistance and/or information on status and progress of tasks.
- Coordinate with other Bank Group units, Government officials, NGOs, non-government institutions, academia, other development partners, and other stakeholders, and serve as liaison with team members located in different locations.
- Provide logistical and planning support for various external events, such as workshops and negotiations.
- Access and use all relevant systems (e.g., SAP/FM System/ Operations Portal) to check, monitor, and update project milestones.
- Assist TTLs and teams in inputting information in eConsultant2/Admin Portal and SAP systems for individual and consultant firm selections. Assume quality control responsibility for the input of individual consultants, consultant firms, consultants’ trip requests and trip expenses, goods and service contracts, fee claims, administrative services and miscellaneous expense reimbursement requests.
- Independently, within delegated authority of a task team leader, handle clearance procedures and finalization of documents by ensuring incorporation of needed amendments.
- Support with travel arrangements including creating trips for Consultants, travel agency coordination, passport and visa assistance, security clearances, SOE submission, travel budget allocation etc
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Minimum Education/Experience: High school diploma with 7 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent English and Spanish skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to retrieve reference materials from various sources (e.g., databases or other filing systems, Internet, etc.).
- Ability to handle critical and confidential information with utmost discretion.
- Committed, self-motivated teammate with good inter-personal skills, and ability to work optimally in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to produce high-quality work during difficult situations.
- Strong communication skills with ability to prepare, present and discuss findings in written and oral form.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.
Medical Science Liaison orphan drug (m/w/d)Michael PageBayernBayern
Public Information/Communications InternInternational Rescue Committee (IRC)Tirana, AlbaniaTirana, Albania
Education ManagerUnited Nations Children's FundYangon, Myanmar (formerly Burma)Yangon, Myanmar (formerly Burma)
Regional Finance DirectorInternational Rescue CommitteeAmman, JordanAmman, Jordan