||2 years 0 months
||10/23/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
The World Bank Office in Warsaw is hiring a Program Assistant who will work closely with other staff within the unit to make a significant contribution to the overall achievement of the Poland and the Baltic Countries unit’s work program.
The Program Assistant will work on tasks associated to the Unit’s overall work program and provide a back-up for other Assistants as required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work requires extensive coordination with other Bank Group Units and frequent liaison with team members, regardless of location, and external counterparts.
• Screens and prioritizes telephone calls; answers and/or redirects inquiries to appropriate sources, sets conference calls.
• Drafts letters and e-mails; follows up on responses, ensuring timeliness and quality control of said responses, and attends and takes action on extensions of due dates as needed, following the relevant guidelines.
• Maintains up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic).
• Prepares, formats and finalizes various Bank reports, making sure all regional and Bank requirements, standard policies/guidelines and clearances are met and obtained.
• Undertakes ad hoc inquiries in standard and non-standard databases, retrieves, manipulates and presents data.
• Assists in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, etc.
• Attends meetings, drafts minutes and ensures timely clearance
• Participates in mission field work as required.
• Provides full support to the visiting missions, including coordinating and scheduling meetings, audio/video conferences, and travel/accommodation requests.
• Processes Consultant contracts, payments and travel requests through SAP.
• Minimum education: high school diploma, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position or combination of Bachelors degree and experience.
• Excellent office support and organizational skills;
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and Polish;
• Superior interpersonal and diplomacy skills including demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented and multi-cultural environment;
• Advanced knowledge in applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook and SAP;
• Ability to prepare minutes of meetings and ensure necessary follow-up;
• Willingness and flexibility to work overtime, if required;
• Ability to pass relevant Bank tests as required.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.