United Nations Children's Fund
For every child, inspiration
Under the supervision and guidance of the Deputy Representative – Programme, the Program Associate supports the respective section (s) by carrying out a range of program support functions to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations. The Program Associate works in close collaboration with a range of staff in the country office, external partners and agency counterparts in support of program design and delivery. The incumbent provides regular feedback on the status of projects through monitoring milestones and advises on improvements to keep activities on track.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Facilitating the development of program cooperation agreements (PCAs) by providing information and drafting selected sections of it.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate recording and administrative processing of government & NGO’s proposals and requests for direct cash transfers (DCTs).
- Conducting program monitoring in UNICEF focus districts for cash and supplies and informing team-members on the status.
- Helping conduct regular spot checks of partner’s projects to assess their financial record-keeping, expenditure controls and reporting systems.
- Monitoring and tracking the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective program delivery.
- Supporting the program section in researching, compiling and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate program delivery as well as preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring program results, activities and program coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs) and making amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants and programme-related items for his/her section including but not limited to registering grant allotments and tracking expiring program grants.
- Preparing monitoring and reporting information for supervisor and team on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Regularly monitoring budgets and financial expenditures of section by employing applicable tools, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
- Helping prepare periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of program funds.
- Supports capacity development activities related to program development by preparing training materials and participating in exercises.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of six years of administrative or clerical work experience is required. Prior experience in program support functions is an asset. Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Estrategias de Comunicación para el 75º Aniversario de Zona Libre de ColónUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Data AnalystUnited Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)Nairobi, KenyaNairobi, Kenya
Programme AssociateUnited Nations Children's FundPanama City, PanamaPanama City, Panama
JOF 4808 Modernização Acesso ao Siafi e demais sistemasUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere