Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IR and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence – We believe in quality results delivered by investing I people. Freedom – We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect – We believe in trust, empathy, and empowering people. Teamwork – We believe in diversity, inclusion, and the power of global collaboration. Transparency – we believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability – We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Program Associate is the entry level position for program work at IRI and provides administrative and programmatic support for the Northern Triangle portfolio—particularly El Salvador program.
- Based in El Salvador
- Ability to travel internally within El Salvador
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills in Spanish.
- English proficiency
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
- Undergraduate degree in international relations (or related field) preferred
- 0-1 year of previous experience
- Experience working with international organizations and local governments
- Experience in event organization and logistics (in-person and/or virtually)
- Ability to work remotely with effective time management
- Ability to work under pressure
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- General administrative assistance, including logistical coordination, agenda preparation and phone calls, and other administrative tasks: clerical support such as scanning, faxing, and copying, performing data entry and scanning documents, preparing and modifying documents including correspondence, reports, memos, and emails, and maintaining a physical and electronic filing system.
- Supports IRI staff to organize trips, trainings, meetings workshops, conferences, seminars, and other events.
- Supports IRI staff and works with the local Senior Program Associate (SPA) to develop presentations and training material for workshops and events; provide support in drafting reports, publications, texts, work plans, correspondence, agendas, and other documentations as required by IRI.
- Travels to other departments of El Salvador to accompany and provide logistical support to partners, consultants, contractors, participants, and guests, among others as directed by the IRI.
- Helps draft weekly written reports on key events and meetings, including IRI program activities, in El Salvador.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to apply
Please apply via the provided link: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/INT1048/JobBoard/201c19d1-4b06-d159-bba4-6a102267f555/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=3afabba4-2cc8-4b19-ab03-a659f1b1c54a