Created in 1991, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is an international non-governmental relief and development organization (NGO). SIF acts in strict neutrality, without distinction of origin, gender or religion, and is dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the world’s most deprived populations.
Secours islamique France is looking for an Program Coordinator M/F for its mission based in Beirut.
The program coordinator will be under the supervision of the Head of mission and will be in charge of the supervision of programs and the local staff related to the programs
His/her missions will be :
- To contribute to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy: context analysis and its evolution, elaboration of problem trees and proposed solutions, needs assessment analysis, proposal of new actions, budgeting and HR dimensioning.
- To ensure the conception of the projects: needs assessments, baseline survey, proposal of actions.
- To supervise the implementation of the projects: planning of activities, follow-up of the implementation, collect of sources of verifications.
- To define partnership modalities with the operational partners, be in charge of the partnerships, define and supervise the capacity building plans for the partners.
- To elaborate activities monthly reports for the Head of Mission
- To elaborate donors reports according to the requested deadlines.
- To elaborate ad hoc reports: mission, follow-up, survey, training, etc.
- To inform immediately the Head of Mission of any delay, conflict, problem encountered as part of the project implementation.
- To propose improvements to the intern reports formats
- To manage the program budgets: regular monitoring of the expenditure states according to the allocated budgets and programmatic forecasts, validation of the expenditures he is responsible for.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Master’s level qualification in International Relations / Political Sciences / Project management or similar academic achievement,
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in humanitarian work,
- Experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
- Solid skills regarding project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English (and desirably French and/or Arabic)
- Excellent representation skills
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
- An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values
- Leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
- Familiarity with the Middle East working context
- Knowledge of Emergency response programs
- 6 months, full time, renewable;
- Contract start date: 04/12/2023
- Remuneration according to profile;
- Per diem, guesthouse;
- Health insurance – 60% covered by SIF;
- Repatriation/liability insurance – 100% covered by SIF;
- Break allowance during the 3 and 9 month breaks;
- Airfare to and from the mission location to home – paid by SIF at 6 and 12 months.
SIF’s commitment :
At SIF, we consider diversity to be an asset. We therefore consider all applications corresponding to the skills required for the position to be filled.
SIF reserves the right to carry out criminal record checks in accordance with current legislation.
SIF respects the humanitarian principle of “Do no harm” and ensures that the safety of children is a primary consideration in all its activities.
SIF has a zero-tolerance policy towards any type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or violence of any kind whatsoever, and more generally any breach of legislation, regulations or its code of conduct.
It mobilizes all its staff in the promotion, dissemination and respect of the principles laid down in its charter.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and support our commitments?
Join our chain of solidarity by applying for this job vacancy.