University of Massachusetts Boston
The Professional Apprenticeship and Industry Cluster (PACE) program will include on-campus apprenticeships for first
and second year students, pairing students with staff volunteers who will enable them to gain supervised work
experience in IT, finance, communications, health services, and other fields.
The incumbent will be responsible for the coordination and administrative support of the PACE program, including
teaching multiple sections of the PACE Success course, organizing the PACE Showcase event each semester, initiating
social media efforts to promote the PACE program, delivering PACE student orientations and classroom presentations,
communicating with PACE student applicants completing administrative tasks such as room booking, registering
students in WISER, and collaborating with the Associate Director of PACE
Examples of Duties:
Teach one to three 15-week in-person and/or online one-credit PACE Success Course sections (INTR-D 291)
during fall and spring semesters. This career-related course accompanies students’ PACE apprenticeship
experience during their first semester as part of the PACE program. Prepare and deliver class lessons that are
aligned with the course learning outcomes, grade and provide feedback on weekly assignments, and determine
final grades. Arrange for guest speakers. Create a classroom culture that supports the success of all students by
tapping their strengths and cultural wealth. Assist with updating the curriculum as needed.
• Organize the PACE Showcase event, a student poster presentation, including preparing students to develop and
present their poster presentations; communicating with the 3 rd party software vendor; creating and sending
invitations and running the actual event.
• Execute a communication/social media plan to promote the PACE program to students, departments, and
supervisors. Create relevant content and collaborate with multiple departments to write and publish content
through a blog, website and/or newsletter.
• Update and maintain the PACE website and social media platforms. Promote PACE to students through
classroom outreach, student clubs/organizations and other outreach strategies.
• Assist with reviewing PACE proposal/application forms and enter approved positions into Handshake (UMass
Boston’s online career site); provide constant communication to PACE student applicants.
• Collaborate with the Associate Director of PACE to grow the program to full capacity over the next five years.
Assist in creating a signature program that provides all UMass Boston students with career-development
experiences that build on their strengths and prepares them for off-campus opportunities.
• Assist with the development, tracking and improving of PACE performance indicators for both internal and
external reporting purposes and annual reports.
• Communicate with university departments such as student employment to ensure timely processing of
paperwork, payroll, and other operational tasks.
• Take lead on coordinating event and program logistics such as booking rooms, catering orders, etc.
• Assist with supervision of PACE ambassador program to mentor student leaders and guide their work.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree required and a minimum of one to two years (1-2) of work experience preferred. Demonstrated
experience effectively managing, organizing, and promoting programs and/or initiatives is required. Demonstrated
ability to use social media platforms to effectively communicate with different audiences is required. Knowledge of
various administrative software applications and programs, including Microsoft Office is required. Some evening and
weekend work may be required.
Additional Required Qualifications
• Knowledge of and ability to work with diverse student populations;
• Ability to successfully communicate with campus-wide academic/administrative departments;
• Ability to plan and organize multiple projects simultaneously and balance priorities;
• Ability to prioritize complex tasks under time constraints, while maintaining strong attention to detail;
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in teams;
• Ability to approach the position in a results-oriented sense of responsibility, collegiality and collaboration;
• Ability to work under pressure and under tight timeframes and deadlines;
• Ability to use independent judgment, work with discretion and be entrusted with confidential information;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the capacity to work cooperatively with a wide range of individuals;
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
• Strong commitment to student success and equity-minded practices
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
This is an exempt union position. This is a grant funded position with a current end date of Dec 31, 2024, subject to renewal contingent on funding and university needs.
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
UMass Boston requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and to confirm proof of their vaccination status. Exemptions from the vaccine requirement will be permitted only for qualifying religious or medical reasons.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.