Boys & Girls Clubs of Sonoma-Marin
To oversee and administer all programs and activities offered at the Club. Programs include Education & Career Development, Character & Leadership Development, Sports, Fitness & Recreation, The Arts and Health & Life Skills. Incumbent will plan, develop, oversee implementation of all programs and hire and supervise program staff, and perform related administrative duties.
LEADERSHIP – Provides effective leadership and direction to staff and Club Members by complying with organization policies, demonstrating core values, focusing on deepening Club IMPACT.
DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT OF WORLD CLASS CLUB EXPERIENCE– Using the Youth Development Strategy, develops and implements programs to meet organization’s mission. Utilizes programs developed locally and by Boys & Girls Clubs of America to create an environment for Club Members to feel a sense of belonging, usefulness, competence, and influence in the Out of School Time.
MEMBERSHIP RECRUITMENT – Recruits and retains members by promoting the Club through flyers, newsletters and word-of-mouth. Maintains recommended number of Members at site (and appropriate waiting lists if necessary) and ensures they carry their Membership Card to the Club every day. Responsible for meeting annual goals for Membership, attendance and impact metrics.
SAFETY – Maintains a safe, clean environment. Ensures proper use and maintenance of Club equipment and property.
DISCIPLINE – Utilizes appropriate discipline to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all members.
STAFF MANAGEMENT & RECRUITMENT– Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates all Clubhouse staff and ensures a positive and dynamic relationship between all staff and Club members. Responsible for building your own team through finding and recruiting amazing team members. Actively, lead the team in participating in organization-wide recruiting efforts.
VOLUNTEER DEVELOPMENT– Implement Volunteer Program for program support. Recognize volunteers appropriately.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT – Manage Financial Resources, including assisting in developing and monitoring annual budget. Adhere to all Administrative and Operational Systems. Ensure Technology, Information Management Systems and Staff Skills are current.
COMMUNICATION – Acts as primary point of contact between parents and local schools. Posts program schedules where they are easy to read and in appropriate languages.
FACILITY MANAGEMENT – Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and appealing Club facility. Maintains positive relationship with facility owners and communicates effectively regarding needed improvements.
PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT – Support development of Strategic Alliances and Collaborative Partnerships that further Boys & Girls Clubs in the Community. Be established as the local Expert in Youth Development.
MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS – Support positive Public Relations & awareness using the media and marketing campaigns
ADMINISTRATION– Completes all administrative tasks in accordance with Organizational deadlines. Duties include, but not limited to bi-weekly payroll, and weekly attendance tracking.
CHILD NUTRITION PROGRAM – may oversee the daily operation of the Child Nutrition Program:
- Serving meals to members.
- Supervision of members during meal service time.
- Display of civil rights poster and menu at service location.
- Counting meals and recording the information per CACFP requirements.
- Completion of meal order form.
- Collection of menu production records and transport records.
- Submission of meal count form, meal order form, menu production records, and transport records to CNP Manager.
Requirements:SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
- Person will be of flawless integrity.
- Four-year degree in related field from an accredited college or university preferred, not not required.
- A minimum of three years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Bi-lingual; Spanish/English Strongly Preferred.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff, and project management abilities.
- Mandatory negative TB test.
- Must provide own vehicle, have a valid state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
Applicants must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
DEI Statement of Intent:
At Boys & Girls Clubs, we commit ourselves fully to the ongoing work of creating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. We enthusiastically embrace the diversity of Members, communities and employees and seek to do Whatever It Takes to create places where all people feel welcome, equal, heard and valued.
We stand against racial injustice and discrimination of all kinds, including any mistreatment of people based on their race, language, ethnic background, ability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We will make all reasonable accommodations to our policies to be the most inclusive workplace possible.
We acknowledge that this is a process and not a destination and will remain committed to regularly evaluate and redefine our Statement and our efforts to make progress.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $25.50 per hour
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.