Program Lead Artificial Intelligence
DescriptionDevelop and lead multiple research projects/initiatives within the Artificial Intelligence research program, that are aligned to DEWA R&D’s research strategy and internal/external stakeholder requirements, by implementing mandated practices on research, project management and knowledge management
- Research Projects Planning, & Approval: Work with research area lead to plan, initiate and oversee the research programs, projects & initiatives in the Artificial Intelligence Program, including planning and managing junior team members’ tasks, to achieve project objectives along with development of R&D capabilities and technology specific expertise
- Research Projects Execution: Conduct desk, lab and field based research for projects related to own expertise, including planning and managing team members’ tasks, to achieve project objectives along with development of R&D capabilities
- Research Community & Engagement: Develop strategic contributions of the Artificial Intelligence program to the research agenda, publish and present influential papers and/or books, attend workshop and conference committees and deliver invited talks
- Engage with specific stakeholders from DEWA BUs, external R&D centers, Universities, National Labs, etc. to achieve meaningful outcomes for related research projects under purview. Contribute to research centers of excellence in own research program, and support technology management team by coordinating with corporate and industry partners for project/initiative execution
- Support accurate tangible and intangible valuation of R&D project outcomes such as impact on IP, reputation, DEWA BU processes, etc. Contribute independently to achievement of IP related objectives including number of publications, invention disclosures and patent grants, and comply with IP management process
- Measure, test and evaluate data on technology demonstration projects in coordination with Technology Advancement and Demonstration team, to enable related objectives and successful partnerships with internal or external stakeholders.
- Support Research Area lead in budget planning and reviews for relevant research projects to ensure effective planning and execution of research projects and initiatives, while complying with DEWA process requirements for budgeting
- Support Area Lead in resource planning and utilization to ensure optimum utilization of available resources and on-time delivery of research project/initiatives. Contribute towards identifying opportunities for continuous improvement across one’s scope of work, in order to drive efficiencies and achieve the DEWA R&D’s strategic objectives
- Comply with DEWA R&D’s knowledge management standards across respective projects, to ensure the effectiveness of a continual mechanism for comprehensive documentation, seamless information exchange and knowledge retention
- Identify, review and recommend to Area Lead training and development needs of direct reports to meet the departmental objectives, and supervise and motivate the development of employee capabilities including alignment to latest trend
You should have experience working as a Lead and managing a team of reports.
- PhD in Science or Engineering with minimum 10 years experience
- Preferred experience related to DEWA R&D projects portfolio
To apply, send your cover letter, CV with complete list of publications/patents, iii) at least three names of references with contact information in one PDF-document and optionally other documents to R&D Recruitment R&[email protected] Please include the Area and Position Code in the subject line of the email.
About the employer
DEWA is one of the largest enterprises in the UAE, offering a dynamic work environment, internationally competitive salary packages, and living in the vibrant city of Dubai. The DEWA R&D Center is housed in a state-of-the-art laboratory facility located at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Solar Park, one of the largest of its kind in the world.