Job Title: PM II- Partnership Coordinator – Moldova
Reports to: Moldova Country Manager
Salary Grade: 10
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As Partnership Coordinator, you will spearhead the building and strengthening of local leadership and institutions to deliver humanitarian assistance in Moldova. You will promote the leadership and capacity building of CRS’ local partners with a focus on their emergency response capacity. You will provide accompaniment and support on overall program quality management.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing support and accompaniment to CRS partners in Moldova in the areas of detailed implementation planning and program quality management, MEAL, protection mainstreaming, safeguarding, internal controls, and grants management for its emergency portfolio.
- Support capacity strengthening initiatives in humanitarian response project management and MEAL for Partners through helping develop learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, conducting trainings and workshops, and coaching.
- Support Partners to develop project management and MEAL documents and tools, technical manuals or guidance, training materials, and quality improvement and assessment guidelines.
- Accompany Partners in institutional capacity self-assessments. Based on self-assessment results, as well as institutional mission, vision, and strategy, participating local organizations develop institutional strengthening plans.
- In response to expressed priorities and requests, CRS provides participating organizations with demand driven technical resources, support, training, and accompaniment, and organize workshops to facilitate shared learning and strengthening of peer networks among local and national humanitarian response organizations.
- Contribute to, and in some cases lead, the development of the technical design for proposals. Support the process of preparation, design, submission, and approval of project proposals. Advise project teams on integrating donor strategies, priorities, and technical requirements into CRS’ approach.
- Help ensure a cross-sectoral approach integrating gender, protection mainstreaming, and resilience.
- Provide technical lead for quality MEAL design, including tools and methods, appropriate to scope, context, and technical requirements of a project.
- Ensure a quality partnership between CRS and partners, in line with CRS and Caritas Internationalis (CI) partnership principles.
- Promote the capacity of Caritas specifically to adhere to Caritas Internationalis (CI) guiding principles and program quality standards through the use of CRS Program Quality tools and manuals, including the Project Management Standards (PMS), Safeguarding and Protection Mainstreaming Guidelines, and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) in Emergencies.
Required Languages – English
- Experience in capacity building of local partners especially related to PQM, and MEAL
- Strong partnerships and localization approach.
- Knowledge of church networks and Caritas Internationalis is highly preferred
- Extremely flexible and able to cope with stressful situations
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision
· Master Degree in International Development, International Relations or related field required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in relevant field-based project management experience required.
· Experience in managing moderately complex projects preferably with an international NGO.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.