Full time contract / 39 hours per week
Deadline: 29 October 2022
The Permanent Office of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) is looking for a Program Officer to manage its grant program.
As Program Officer (Focus: Grants) and member of the programs team you would:
- Work closely with the Head of Program in the implementation of the IHRA Strategy and the recommendations from the current evaluation of the grant program.
- Manage and improve the grant program at all stages of the grant cycle, from application to grant closure, in accordance with the grant rules and procedures.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation procedures in the IHRA Programs area and maintain M&E data collection plans, ensuring regular progress reports.
- Work collaboratively with the communications team to ensure visibility of the IHRA’s grants and engage various stakeholders with the IHRA’s tools.
- Work closely with colleagues in the programs team to support the IHRA Working Groups and Committees and their meetings.
- Prepare speaking notes, reports, presentations and other content.
- Contribute to an organized programs team, taking on administrative tasks, managing calendars, due dates and workflows.
- You have a master’s degree in political science, sociology or history, or related disciplines;
- Minimum three years of experience in managing grants, or four years’ experience in project management and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience in the evaluation and monitoring of projects;
- You have an interest in Holocaust-related issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Advanced Office365 skills including strong excel skills.
- You are attentive to detail, while using your time efficiently.
- You are self-organized, but enjoy working collaboratively, and with people of various backgrounds.
- Experience in the conceptualization of events, networking meetings, in campaigning would be a plus.
- Experience with planning, presentation and reporting apps would be of advantage, too.
What we offer:
- Initially, a contract for two years, with the option for renewal.
- A full-time job (39 hours).
- A Berlin-based international office with a motivated team.
- Opportunity for exchange with colleagues working in the field worldwide.
- Salary based on the German civil service collective agreement in the public sector (TVöD E12)
- 30 days of vacation per year.
- Opportunities for professional development
How to apply:
Send the following documents in English, combined in one single PDF entitled “Program Officer – [Your name]” to [email protected] by 29 October 2022:
- A letter of motivation, outlining why you would like to work with us and how you meet the requirements.
- Your CV
- Two letters of reference
Qualified candidates may be asked to participate in a written test and to be interviewed personally/via zoom.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngojobstenders.net) you saw this job posting.