FHI 360 staff working in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, regardless of the type of project or client they serve, or of their employment status (full/part-time, remote, telework, or in-office), unless an accommodation applies. FHI 360 complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy. Full vaccination is currently defined as two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Booster doses are not required at this time.
This Program Officer role provides administrative assistance and support to projects under FHI 360’s Global Health and Population Research (GHPR) department and Community and Health Systems (CHS) department. Collects, compiles, and analyzes information relevant to projects (e.g., update manuals, assist with proposals, process more complicated paperwork). Provides administrative and project support, in addition to communication efforts related to project management and execution. May monitor project budgets. Assists in the creation/review of work plans. Coordinates with technical team. Prepares presentations and supports other related project objectives and deliverables. The Program Officer role varies according to organizational location. Program Officers based within Business Units primarily support global awards, business development, and administrative aspects of technical inputs and resources. Program Officers within Regional Offices provide the primary management support role for country-managed projects. Program Officers embedded in projects are responsible for direct project implementation and delivery.
- Collaborates with the project management team to assist in ensuring project needs and requirements are met.
- Provides support to project management, such as planning for and arranging meetings and conference room setup, supporting travel requests, and taking on sub-task assignments.
- Collects existing information (metrics, data, etc.) for use in reports, reaching out to sub-contractors, grantees, and partners for external information.
- Maintains distribution list for project reports.
- Facilitates communication by answering partner inquires and ensures project internal and external websites are current.
- Coordinates assigned project activities and may conduct research to achieve project goals.
- Assists in the management of the project calendar to ensure project deadlines are being achieved.
- Sets up and maintains electronic and physical project files.
- Sends reminders to keep team on track with reporting deadlines and technical deliverables.
- Provides administrative support to projects as needed by writing, reviewing, and translating reports on a quarterly basis.
- Reviews and contributes to work plans.
- May support project/project teams administratively to provide high quality deliverables to clients.
- Fulfills other administrative and special project duties as assigned.
Business Development and Proposal Management Support:
- May serve as proposal coordinator.
- Communicates grant proposal and report requirements to all individuals involved in an efficient manner.
- Assists the project team with the coordination and management of grants, project materials, and information.
- Assist with the coordination and tracking of performance against Financial Cost Objective (FCO) ID, project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables.
- Assists the project team with the coordination of budgets.
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes cost information relevant to the project.
- Serves as the project liaison to internal units such as finance, contracts, centers, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience supporting projects and/or a technical practice area.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
- Basic knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with international development project design.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software.
- Ability to problem solve and recommend corrective action as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail needed to adhere to project deadlines.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs
Technology to be Used:
- Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.