UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
Next Generation UNDP aims at creating new solutions, building collaboration platforms, and sparking new partnerships and instruments for development. These innovations are disrupting the way our organization thinks, invests, manages, and delivers—so we can perform faster and better than ever to accelerate progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals.
UNDP prioritizes innovative approaches to development to reimagine sustainable development for the 21st century by accelerating learning on what works and what doesn’t when it comes to sustainable development, testing new ways of working to address social and environmental challenges, and creating a new capability for decision-makers to explore, experiment, and grow portfolios of mutually reinforcing solutions to tackle today’s challenges.
In line with this vision UNDP Armenia established a dedicated portfolio to advance innovative solutions, apply acceleration initiatives, explore impact investment and other non-conventional approaches to development.
The Programme Analyst position was created to manage the Country Office Innovation, Acceleration and Impact Investment Portfolio with a focus on the design and implementation of the experimentation, innovative and evidence-based policy making, new financing schemes and leveraging private and public finance for the SDGs.
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to CCA, UNSDCF, CPD and other documents.
- Identification of areas for support and interventions within the thematic/sectoral areas assigned and development of programme/project proposals in line with the declared national priorities and UNDP strategic plan.
- CO business processes mapping and preparation of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Results Management.
2. Ensures effective management of the CO SDG Acceleration and Innovation platform within the thematic areas assigned, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development of CO innovation strategy, plan and efforts. Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for elaboration of the CO Innovation strategy based on corporate strategic priorities and the UNDP HQ guidance.
- Design and implementation of the CO SDG Finance platform, with focus on innovative impact investment tools, leveraging private and public finance for SDGs.
- Substantive contribution to the CO CPD from the perspective of its innovation and SDG finance strategy, plan and efforts.
- Leading on the CO efforts to advance SDG Acceleration through application of collective intelligence and sense making methodologies as part of the evolution of the CO program portfolio, in sync with the progress of the UNDP global network of Accelerator Labs. Ensuring provision of technical advisory services to innovate the programme and policy portfolios of the CO, leveraging technology and product innovation to respond to SDG-related challenges.
- Substantive oversight and quality assurance of the SDG Innovation Lab, the CO Impact Investment Team, Kolba innovation team and other similar pioneering initiatives.
- Development of innovation proposals, selecting eligible CO projects for support, overseeing the work-out-loud component.
- Effective application of RBM tools, establishment of management targets (BSC) and monitoring achievement of results.
- Design and formulation of CO programme within the area of responsibility, translating UNDP’s priorities into local interventions. Coordination of programme implementation with the implementing agencies.
- Initiation of projects, presentation of projects to PAC, finalization of financing agreements, coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, closure of projects through review. Manager Level 1 level functions in Atlas for POs and vouchers approval. Participation in recruitment processes for projects.
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
- Evaluation of the programme impact. Monitoring and analysis of the programme environment, timely readjustments in portfolio.
3. Ensures creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development of partnerships with UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society in the specific thematic areas based on strategic goals of UNDP, country needs and donors’ priorities.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
4. Ensures provision of top-quality policy advice services and facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
Advocacy, promotion, awareness and understanding of UNDP Strategic Plan.
- Development of policies, advocacy materials, innovative and creative initiatives that will address the country problems and needs in collaboration with the Government and other strategic partners.
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme issues.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
- Business Direction and Strategy: Entrepreneurial Thinking: Ability to create clarity around UNDP value proposition to beneficiaries and partners and to develop service offers responding to client needs based on UNDP’s organizational priorities and mandate
- Business Development: Integration within the UN: Ability to identify and integrate capacity and assets of the UN system, and engage in joint work; knowledge of the UN system and ability to apply this knowledge to strategic and/or practical situations
- Business Management: Portfolio Management: Ability to select, prioritize and control the organization’s programmes and projects, in line with its strategic objectives and capacity; ability to balance the implementation of change initiatives and the maintenance of business-as-usual, while optimizing return on investment
- Partnership Management: Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector mitigating and proactively managing risks
- 2030 Agenda: Partnerships: SDG Finance: Impact Investment, incl. SDG Impact Finance; Innovative Finance
- Business Development: Knowledge Generation: Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
Ethics: UN Policy knowledge: Knowledge and understanding of the UN Staff Regulations and Rules and other policies relating to ethics and integrity
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related area.
- A first-level University degree in combination with two more years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services;
hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects;
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages; experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Armenian (required).
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.