United Nations Children's Fund
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, a Childhood
Under the close supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the programme assistant supports the respective section by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks, to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
How can you make a difference?
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Facilitating the processing of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in programme delivery. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements. Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
- Collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION and Mycase.
- Preparing and maintaining records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
- Supporting the management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
- Maintaining office calendar and arranging meetings. Taking minutes of meetings and keeping the correspondence of the team well organized.
- Providing travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaising with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Maintaining and updating a system which monitors the absence of staff.
- Preparing and maintaining records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Supporting capacity development activities, meetings and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts; arranging times through liaising with participants over availability; liaising with budget focal points and section over costs and needs; and preparing background materials for participants.
- The position supports the section in the compilation and coordination of key work products, ensuring deadlines are met and that established rules and procedures are followed. The support provided by the programme assistant therefore creates the strongest possible administrative platform from which the country programme can then be delivered. The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the country office and success in the implementation of project/programme activities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required. Technical or university courses related to the work of the organization is an asset.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish is required. An advanced level of English language is an asset.
- An academic degree higher than the required degree may be considered to compensate two (2) years of experience in case the candidate lacks the required experience.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
- During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
- UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
- We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Servicetechniker Bereich Sicherheitstechnik (m/w/d)JobaktivistenMülheim an der Ruhr, Nordrhein-WestfalenMülheim an der Ruhr, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Gender and Civil Society Promotion AssociateUnited Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS)Tashkent, UzbekistanTashkent, Uzbekistan
Recrutement d’un (e) consultant (e) pour l’élaboration d’un guide de préventionUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
INNOVATION AND PROGRAM QUALITY COORDINATOROxfamOxfamOxfam